E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > I can't get my rear view mirror on.

08-01-2019, 08:20 PM   #1
xjackhunter
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

I can't get my rear view mirror on.

I recently had to re-hour the metal mounting thing (I don't know what's it's called lol) back onto my windshield. I cannot for the life of me get the mirror to re-attach to the mount. I've attached a picture of the mount and the orientation it is in. If anyone knows what's wrong please let me know. I'm tired of driving around without a mirror.
Thanks everyone!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-01-2019, 09:30 PM   #2
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

I've not remounted an E9X mirror, but I have done a Z3, which uses the same style of mount. The mount is called a "windshield button". I can't tell you if you have it oriented correctly, but the mirror base twists onto the button about 45 deg. If the button is not indexed to the mirror base correctly, the mirror will not be straight (oriented correctly). Also, I found out that because of the twisting action, most common button adhesive isn't strong enough. I used Devcon2-part mirror adhesive.
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 0