BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos Seen the new RS6 Avant and TT-S today.

08-19-2008, 05:12 PM   #1
hks786
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: *

Thumbs down Seen the new RS6 Avant and TT-S today.

I seen the new RS6 in Ibis white at the local dealership today. Trust me it looks very unimpressive. I thought in real-life it'll look great but it looks like a stock A6 Avant. I only noticed it at first because of the honeycomb RS grille and the wheels.

The wheels look really good in real-life and the brakes look mean, but the rest of the car looks dull and it'll take enthusiasts to tell the difference between the A6 and RS6!

I seen the TT-S too. I actually think it looks okay for an "S" model. The front bumper isnt too impressive but the S5 wheels look hot on a TT. Interior looks great esp the flat-bottomed steering wheel. That said the car doesnt blow me away.
      08-19-2008, 05:14 PM   #2
!Xoible
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: ....

Garage List
2008 M3  [4.00]
2007 335i  [9.00]
2008 528i  [8.00]
2006 Infiniti - G35 ...  [8.00]
TTS is cool (pronounced TITTIES)
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2008, 05:30 PM   #3
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

Yeah, I saw the TT-S while I was driving one day. It was red on black with white stitching on the leather. The front was ugly, the sides weren't as aggressive as online pics made em out to be, and the rear looked good.

My problem with the RS4 wheels is that everyone has em in europe. Every Audi S/RS model I saw had those same wheels. Kinda plays em out, you know?
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2008, 05:33 PM   #4
hks786
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer Loyalist View Post
Yeah, I saw the TT-S while I was driving one day. It was red on black with white stitching on the leather. The front was ugly, the sides weren't as aggressive as online pics made em out to be, and the rear looked good.

My problem with the RS4 wheels is that everyone has em in europe. Every Audi S/RS model I saw had those same wheels. Kinda plays em out, you know?
True. Overall I think the TT-S could look a little more impressive. Sure it aint an RS model but the price tag...damn! If you cough up a little more over here you can get an M3.

+1 on RS4 wheels. I wouldnt get them on anything other than an RS4. They look brilliant but it annoys me that Audi even uses them in the S-line range. That said I cant deny how good they look lol. There's nothing wrong with stock S5 wheels though, they look bigger in real-life and fill up the arches well.