Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Technical Topics iDrive, Nav, Phone, Audio, Video, Cameras, Electronics Remote 3D view?

09-07-2019, 04:55 PM   #1
dreddy335
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bmw M3 Competition

Remote 3D view?

Got my m340 a few weeks ago, and I have not been able to get the remote 3D to work on the app. Every time I try, it says can not connect to the servers. I've tried logging out of my profile, logging back in, enabling all services, deleting the app, reinstalling it on my phone, etc. The remote 3D works well on our 2019 x5 we got back in July. Any suggestions?
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2019, 02:04 AM   #2
yaholez
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2019 G20 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreddy335 View Post
Got my m340 a few weeks ago, and I have not been able to get the remote 3D to work on the app. Every time I try, it says can not connect to the servers. I've tried logging out of my profile, logging back in, enabling all services, deleting the app, reinstalling it on my phone, etc. The remote 3D works well on our 2019 x5 we got back in July. Any suggestions?
Join the club! We've had our 330i for a couple of months and most online features don't work, or are intermittent at best. RTTI, weather, news, online speech processing, ConnectedDrive services, vehicle profiles, app functionality, remote 3D view, and remote ventilation are all extremely intermittent. Remote 3D view has never worked, with my vehicle still being displayed on the assembly line in Welt, Germany!

I would suggest you make contact with your dealer urgently and let them know you are affected by these issues to organise access to the compensation package that is being offered.
Appreciate 1
      09-08-2019, 08:52 AM   #3
themnmd
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 23 X5MC

Garage List
So my 3D view worked well when I first got the car. Then after 3 weeks, Idrive features stopped working including logging in. These issues are known to BMW and of course us. Last week i spent a couple of hours at dealer getting a software update. 7, 2019/39 I believe . This fixed all the issues so far. However 3D view remains glitchy working about half the time. In addition to software issues there are server problems at BMW that affect 3D view. It needs a connection to the Bmw server to work properly
Appreciate 0