BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum 2017+ BMW 5 Series (G30) General Discussions Ambient Lighting in door mirror

10-29-2019, 04:07 PM   #1
Wivenhoe
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e - delivered Nov 19

Ambient Lighting in door mirror

I have a 530e loan car - my new 530e should be delivered next week. Driving tonight for the first time in darkness I noticed the ambient lighting was reflected in the front of the side window / across the view to the door mirror.

I have the ambient set to white & blue and it’s the white light being reflected. If I put my hand over the door capping near the pillar that reflection disappears.

Is this a design problem or unique to my loan car - I certainly hope my car doesn’t do it !

Has anybody else experienced this .
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2019, 05:27 PM   #2
mrgicm
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW M

You have the option to dimm the ambi light for night driving
Appreciate 1
clee1982797.50
      10-30-2019, 02:39 AM   #3
Muslenutz
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Bmw 540 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wivenhoe View Post
I have a 530e loan car - my new 530e should be delivered next week. Driving tonight for the first time in darkness I noticed the ambient lighting was reflected in the front of the side window / across the view to the door mirror.

I have the ambient set to white & blue and it’s the white light being reflected. If I put my hand over the door capping near the pillar that reflection disappears.

Is this a design problem or unique to my loan car - I certainly hope my car doesn’t do it !

Has anybody else experienced this .
It's there. You get used to it, you can always dim it. After a few drives you'll say I love these lights!
Appreciate 0