Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums UK New 333e - Questions

11-11-2019, 04:14 AM   #1
BMW_MAD
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: iX3 Msport Pro & 98 E36 M3 Evo

Garage List
2016 330e  [0.00]
1998 BMW E36 M3  [0.00]
New 333e - Questions

Morning all,

So I finally have my hands on it and I am loving it so far! It's lovely to drive and the tech is impressive. It is an Msport with every option.

A couple of things I am struggling with at the moment, one is the connected app is behaving oddly. There doesn't appear to be a "Edrive" tab like there was for my old 330e. I have also logged into the Connected drive portal and there is also no data showing under the "Efficiency" part? Am I missing something? I know the app has lots of issues at the moment.

The other thing is I am having issues getting the digital key working. I have the one that was supplied in the car and I have activated it but it won't open the car or do anything else. I have an iPhone and I don't think I can add to the app so I just have to use the card is that correct?

Any advice appreciated!.

Thanks
Simon
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2019, 05:15 AM   #2
Yorkshire330e
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 330e

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_MAD View Post
Morning all,

So I finally have my hands on it and I am loving it so far! It's lovely to drive and the tech is impressive. It is an Msport with every option.

A couple of things I am struggling with at the moment, one is the connected app is behaving oddly. There doesn't appear to be a "Edrive" tab like there was for my old 330e. I have also logged into the Connected drive portal and there is also no data showing under the "Efficiency" part? Am I missing something? I know the app has lots of issues at the moment.

The other thing is I am having issues getting the digital key working. I have the one that was supplied in the car and I have activated it but it won't open the car or do anything else. I have an iPhone and I don't think I can add to the app so I just have to use the card is that correct?

Any advice appreciated!.

Thanks
Simon
Hello,

Congratulations on the new arrival! Mine is the same colour although the only extras I picked were the connected plus (or was it professional?) pack, M sport pack and the tinted rear windows.

I have all those exact same issues. My mate had the previous 330e model and he’s sent me how his connected app looked with the edrive tab so I know what you mean, it’s also missing from my app and I’ve not once got any of the driving analysis to show anywhere on the app. I think the app may just be broken/rubbish, but, mine is a Lex lease works vehicle and they (Lex) meddle with the remote services and I’m caught between if that’s the issue or it’s just not working for everyone.
I’ve had the latest software update to 7/2019.70 in the car so it shouldn’t be that.

Also, can I ask you/everyone - when you select the connected app from within the car, what do you get? In my old car opening connected would open up something similar to the hub tab in the app, with all the bmw store options to select. In the 330e now, all it does is brings up a recent address for the navigation, or does nothing and doesn’t open at all...

Happy driving, despite all this you’ll love it, I do!
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2019, 05:35 AM   #3
BMW_MAD
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2016 330e  [0.00]
1998 BMW E36 M3  [0.00]
Images of app and portal

Appreciate 0
      11-11-2019, 05:37 AM   #4
BMW_MAD
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2016 330e  [0.00]
1998 BMW E36 M3  [0.00]
Thanks!

I am so glad it isn't just me! It's all a bit odd!

The complete range appears to be going up and not down too when I use the car!

Still not taken the shine off how good it is so far!

Si

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkshire330e View Post
Hello,

Congratulations on the new arrival! Mine is the same colour although the only extras I picked were the connected plus (or was it professional?) pack, M sport pack and the tinted rear windows.

I have all those exact same issues. My mate had the previous 330e model and he’s sent me how his connected app looked with the edrive tab so I know what you mean, it’s also missing from my app and I’ve not once got any of the driving analysis to show anywhere on the app. I think the app may just be broken/rubbish, but, mine is a Lex lease works vehicle and they (Lex) meddle with the remote services and I’m caught between if that’s the issue or it’s just not working for everyone.
I’ve had the latest software update to 7/2019.70 in the car so it shouldn’t be that.

Also, can I ask you/everyone - when you select the connected app from within the car, what do you get? In my old car opening connected would open up something similar to the hub tab in the app, with all the bmw store options to select. In the 330e now, all it does is brings up a recent address for the navigation, or does nothing and doesn’t open at all...

Happy driving, despite all this you’ll love it, I do!
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2019, 05:49 AM   #5
Yorkshire330e
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 330e

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_MAD View Post
Thanks!

I am so glad it isn't just me! It's all a bit odd!

The complete range appears to be going up and not down too when I use the car!

Still not taken the shine off how good it is so far!

Si
I think the range will vary depending on driving style/conditions and how much energy you’re sapping with things like heated seats, air con etc. On a steady motorway drive with less of the energy sappers in use, my range generally increases or at least holds the same. Similar, if you’re driving along and your electric range says 14 miles, cut the air con completely and watch it jump instantly to 15 or 16 miles! Guess it’s constantly recalculating based on what demands have been most recently placed on it.

What I’m learning a month in, with regular charging at work, is it’s a lot more economical for ‘local’ driving than my 220d before it. On the flip side if you’re heavy with your right foot on a longer trip and use up all your elec charge, it does go through the petrol pretty fast, as you’d expect, so guess it really is up to how and where it’s driven! It’s a whole new world of driving considerations and I probably spend more time looking at all my fuel and charge economy status than I do at the road, but still love it!
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2019, 05:56 AM   #6
BMW_MAD
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2016 330e  [0.00]
1998 BMW E36 M3  [0.00]
My previous was a 2016 330e and the new one is miles ahead in every regard.

The old one never used to change on the app but I guess you are correct with the various things affecting the range but never had it go up before.

I just hope they sort the app out as I have read nothing but bad stories about it crashing and generally being crap!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkshire330e View Post
I think the range will vary depending on driving style/conditions and how much energy you’re sapping with things like heated seats, air con etc. On a steady motorway drive with less of the energy sappers in use, my range generally increases or at least holds the same. Similar, if you’re driving along and your electric range says 14 miles, cut the air con completely and watch it jump instantly to 15 or 16 miles! Guess it’s constantly recalculating based on what demands have been most recently placed on it.

What I’m learning a month in, with regular charging at work, is it’s a lot more economical for ‘local’ driving than my 220d before it. On the flip side if you’re heavy with your right foot on a longer trip and use up all your elec charge, it does go through the petrol pretty fast, as you’d expect, so guess it really is up to how and where it’s driven! It’s a whole new world of driving considerations and I probably spend more time looking at all my fuel and charge economy status than I do at the road, but still love it!
Appreciate 0