E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > BMW 328i Multiple random Electrical Issues

11-14-2019, 08:57 PM   #1
samueltx4
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 328I

Garage List
BMW 328i Multiple random Electrical Issues

Howdy all,
I have been a lurker for a long time and decided it was time to get an account because after many hours of research I have been unable to find someone with a similar problem. My car is 2010 BMW 328i E92 with a little bit less than 170000 miles. About a year ago we had the battery, starter, and footwell module replaced. Within the past month, the car has started having multitudes of electrical problems. The main one being sometimes when the key fob is inserted and the electrical systems are powering on before the car starts it will act like somebody pulled the battery out. All lights go out, the windows won't do their quarter-inch drop when the door is opened, and I am unable to remove the key. Once the car is started all electrical systems work fine, however sometimes when I turn the car off, as soon as the engine stops spinning it's immediate power loss. Sometimes if I slam a door shut or the hood the power will come on, other times it's a brick and I'll leave it for an hour or more and I'll come back and it's fine. This can happen several times a day or not happen for a week. On top of that once the car is running sometimes it will run perfectly without a single problem, while other times randomly throughout the trip you'll get a cruise control fault, DSC, DBC, start-off assist inactive, and a yellow brake light on the dash, as well as the audio cutting out a for split second. Every time I turn the car off the date and time are immediately forgotten, but not my radio station presets. Does anybody have any clue what could be going on here? Just two days ago I completed a 200-mile trip and everything was perfect, today I get in and it is lit up like a Christmas tree. Please and thank you for any tips, or areas to look at.
Appreciate 0