Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums UK To activate tracking.

11-24-2019, 08:46 AM   #1
Carjack
Stormtrooper
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330i G20 M-Sport Portimao Blue

To activate tracking.

By the end of this month I have had my G20 330i Paltimao blue m-sport six months.

During this time it has confirmed to me out of all the many cars I have owned, it is an exceptional car and that includes E90’s and F30’s. What is outstanding for me and is why bought it, is because the way it drives.
Everything else is a bonus and there are a lot of bonuses!

However, there is one thing that has never really worked me that is vehicle location. If it does locate I’m in Deutschland or the Netherlands or Gravesend harbour or some such obscure places, of course which I never am.

I’m ‘ere in ‘sarf east lunnen!

So, I thought today I would delve into it again and sat in the car and went although ‘settings’ ticked all the boxes and beyond but no luck.

The BMW Connected app tells me that ‘GPS positioning deactivated in the vehicle’ and tells me to activate by going to the Settings menu.

The BMW Connected website tells me: ‘Vehicle tracking is deactivated for your vehicle. You can only activate the tracking in the vehicle’.

My question is, please can someone tell where in the Settings menu in the vehicle can I activate tracking?
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2019, 10:11 AM   #2
Warrior54
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e G20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carjack View Post
By the end of this month I have had my G20 330i Paltimao blue m-sport six months.

During this time it has confirmed to me out of all the many cars I have owned, it is an exceptional car and that includes E90’s and F30’s. What is outstanding for me and is why bought it, is because the way it drives.
Everything else is a bonus and there are a lot of bonuses!

However, there is one thing that has never really worked me that is vehicle location. If it does locate I’m in Deutschland or the Netherlands or Gravesend harbour or some such obscure places, of course which I never am.

I’m ‘ere in ‘sarf east lunnen!

So, I thought today I would delve into it again and sat in the car and went although ‘settings’ ticked all the boxes and beyond but no luck.

The BMW Connected app tells me that ‘GPS positioning deactivated in the vehicle’ and tells me to activate by going to the Settings menu.

The BMW Connected website tells me: ‘Vehicle tracking is deactivated for your vehicle. You can only activate the tracking in the vehicle’.

My question is, please can someone tell where in the Settings menu in the vehicle can I activate tracking?
May be worth trying to log out and back in to the connected app? Just a guess, as I have no experience yet with the car. Still waiting for it to arrive at the dealer from the port of entry :
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-25-2019, 03:30 AM   #3
Carjack
Stormtrooper
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330i G20 M-Sport Portimao Blue

Hi Warrior54: Have tried resetting at least 3 times with the idrive going back to factory settings but with no success.
The last time when the BMW Connection website was hacked and my name changed in the car to Mahood with an address near Lancaster! I live in London.
I thought by discussing with BMW Connection on the phone all would be solved but not so.
But I will try again!
Appreciate 0