E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Just remapped my E90 330i, dyno inside.

12-02-2019, 08:34 AM   #1
VeneMorte
Enlisted Member
England
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i SE (E90, 2005)

Hey guys,

I know this is a question that gets asked a lot, or at least wondered about, so after pouring £9500 of repairs into my car since February, including a new ECU. I figured it might be worth getting it dyno'd and remapped out if interest to see what happened.

First things first, the car is 258BHP at stock and registered as 250BHP today, so in short the car has lost 8BHP in 15 years.

After the remap the car has gained 12BHP and 5%+ torque. Taking it to 262BHP.

Now, if you're thinking of remapping to get more power on an NA engine it's absolutely not worth it. However if you're looking to tighten up an old car and giving it some extra beans then it's totally worth it cost being the factor.

I can feel the car pulls harder, definitely sounds louder and throatier, it's not by much, if we go by feeling/perception rather than numbers (just to make it easier to understand). I'd say after mapping the car feels tighter, more fun, fresher in its movement, almost like giving someone a few shots of coffee stacked with sugar.

It's transformed it enough for me to not pine after an e39 M5 immediately, to a point where I think I'll put new suspension and exhaust on this one and keep it for 5-10 years as long as it doesn't die.

TLR - For me I got my car remapped for £275 including dyno runs. I didn't remap it for peak power gains, but purely to put a bit of tightness / sprint back into a 15 year old car I've put £12,500 into since February (£9500 on repairs).

It was worth it to me, because it improved everything about the drive a small amount, but that amount just tips it over the line into being really fun.
Attached Images