E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Bmw e92 window issue

12-05-2019, 08:25 AM   #1
Jordii
Rep
Drives: BMW 335D E92

Bmw e92 window issue

Afternoon, recently had a problem with the FRM after removing the battery negative. This caused no control of lights, no window movement, no wing mirror fold and no interior lights. Got the FRM sorted everything works as it should now.

Apart from the windows, they all work correctly of the switch but will not drop when you open the door to avoid hitting the trim. But also if you allow them to go all the way up once it hits the top it will drop back down automatically by around 3 inches. If you very carefully touch the switch you are able to get it to stay somewhere near closed. But as soon as you hit the close button again it will drop.

Ive tried all the sequences to reset the fully open/ fully closed limits. The problem is it won’t let me set the fully closed limit as the window automatically drops itself as soon as you get it near fully closed.

Any help would be appreciated
TIA
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2019, 08:37 AM   #2
Volasko
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 06 330i E90, 18 530xe G30

Garage List
I found the window position reset procedure to be a complete PITA that never worked like all the guides state. I can't remember what I actually did to reset them, but are you sure the reset procedure actually stuck?
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2019, 08:55 AM   #3
Jordii
Rep
Drives: BMW 335D E92

I can’t do the 2nd part of the procedure as as soon as the window hits the top it drops down 3 inches by itself. So I’m unable to tell it when it’s full closed
Appreciate 0