BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, Tuning Modifications    DME Tune?

12-25-2019, 06:10 AM   #1
cream
Private
Rep
Drives: 19' BSM M5

DME Tune?

Currently running Keller Performance DP+MP combo with Akropovic exhaust and Eventuri V2 intakes so I'm in desperate need for a tune.

Considering the DME stage 1 for reliability sake and to take it easy on the internals for a bit since the car only has 4000km on it.

What's the general consensus on DME tunes? Anyone currently running their tune with no issues? I've heard nothing but good things about the company so far and my friend seems to enjoy their tune on his M6.

I had originally considered the Carbahn tune however being in Canada makes it near impossible for the "authorized dealer install ONLY" requirement for the warranty.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2019, 10:45 PM   #2
F90BSM5
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 F90 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cream View Post
Currently running Keller Performance DP+MP combo with Akropovic exhaust and Eventuri V2 intakes so I'm in desperate need for a tune.

Considering the DME stage 1 for reliability sake and to take it easy on the internals for a bit since the car only has 4000km on it.

What's the general consensus on DME tunes? Anyone currently running their tune with no issues? I've heard nothing but good things about the company so far and my friend seems to enjoy their tune on his M6.

I had originally considered the Carbahn tune however being in Canada makes it near impossible for the "authorized dealer install ONLY" requirement for the warranty.
I've been running DME for close to a year now and have driven the car very hard at times (never neglect) but hard I mean roll races, dig races,
1/2 mile events etc for close to 10K miles and so far not a single issue. I change my oil every 3K miles, constantly monitor and log my car and never ever ever put less than 93 octane in my car. Mo at DME is second to none when it comes to customer service and knowledge of this platform and he's very trustworthy.
Appreciate 2
      12-27-2019, 03:52 PM   #3
Labrada_Exoticz
Subscribed
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

You could easily run a S2 tune and will not have any issues whatsoever I ran the S3 tune on mine but I also had the turbos done and no issues whatsoever! Mo or Lalit are great guys over there! Give them a call or shoot them an email let them know Jonathan sent you and they will take very good care of you those guys are great!!
Appreciate 1
cream45.50
      01-21-2020, 02:42 PM   #4
Eurohorses
Captain
Rep
Drives: 23 Jahre G80 M3

I just had Stage 2 done over the weekend and let me tell you.... i feel like i'm driving a completely different car.

The car feels the same when scooting around town, but get on it and the way the new power engages leaves a huge smile on your face. Highly recommend reaching out to Mo and have him walk you through the options and the numbers associated with each tune.
      01-23-2020, 11:48 AM   #5
windtendo
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2023 M5C

Garage List
2023 BMW M5C  [0.00]
1989 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurohorses View Post
I just had Stage 2 done over the weekend and let me tell you.... i feel like i'm driving a completely different car.

The car feels the same when scooting around town, but get on it and the way the new power engages leaves a huge smile on your face. Highly recommend reaching out to Mo and have him walk you through the options and the numbers associated with each tune.
Did you put DPs on your car? I was thinking the stage 2 required that.
      01-23-2020, 11:49 AM   #6
Eurohorses
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by windtendo View Post
Yes. I have Boostlogic uppers and lowers.
      01-23-2020, 10:11 PM   #7
GranitM5
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M5

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by windtendo View Post
Yes. I have Boostlogic uppers and lowers.
Any sound clips of your exhaust?
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2020, 08:55 AM   #8
Eurohorses
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GranitM5 View Post
I have a few on my Instagram. @bo_buttaa Check it out and let me know what you think.
      01-24-2020, 09:03 AM   #9
GranitM5
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I have a few on my Instagram. @bo_buttaa Check it out and let me know what you think.
Sounds good. I'm struggling to choose between the different downpipes offered for our car. Same issue with the tune lol.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2020, 09:19 AM   #10
Eurohorses
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Sounds good. I'm struggling to choose between the different downpipes offered for our car. Same issue with the tune lol.
What are your deciding factors? Reliability is at the top of my list.... and that usually comes with a premium. You can get DPs for our cars from $1500 - $3500. Same for the tunes. I usually settle somewhere in the middle of those numbers.
      01-24-2020, 09:53 AM   #11
GranitM5
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
What are your deciding factors? Reliability is at the top of my list.... and that usually comes with a premium. You can get DPs for our cars from $1500 - $3500. Same for the tunes. I usually settle somewhere in the middle of those numbers.
I'm stuck between DME tune since they're close by and Keller upper/lower downpipes and JB4 combined with maybe SSR downpipes since they're a little cheaper. I don't think at the moment I'll do a cat back exhaust or other mods. Maybe filters down the line.
Appreciate 1
      01-24-2020, 10:13 AM   #12
gpdriver17
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Quote:
I'm stuck between DME tune since they're close by and Keller upper/lower downpipes and JB4 combined with maybe SSR downpipes since they're a little cheaper. I don't think at the moment I'll do a cat back exhaust or other mods. Maybe filters down the line.
Go with DME. I went with JB4 and the numbers are great. But looking at the logs, the boost is all over the place. It claims to have absolute boost maps, but they're all additive. Meaning it adds a pre set amount of boost to what the ECU is requesting. You may start a gear with 26psi and end it with 20. Then if the ECU decides for some reason to just drop the boost by 5psi for an entire gear, you lose 5psi. With an actual tune like DME, the logs are super smooth. Consistently within a small range through all the gears. This makes the throttle smoother, fuel trims, etc. Everything just seems to run better.
2023 Porsche 911 Turbo S
Appreciate 3
GranitM5366.00
Mcc420475.00