BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BMW 5-Series (E60) Forums (2004 - 2009) > General 5-series and M5 (E60) Forum

09-04-2008, 03:40 AM   #1
E46X2
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 4 Wheels and a gas tank

Opinions on 545i...?

I've been looking for a car for a while now and I (thought) had narrowed it down to either an E46 M3 or an E90 330i, however, Ive not been able to find what it is I am looking for in either. So my search may be extending to the 545i, what is the general consensus around here about this car? Are there any common problem areas or good threads here about the car someone can point out for me? Im finding a lot of these cars with fairly low mileage and at very good prices, in fact as good, and sometimes better than E90 prices. Anyway, your guys' input is appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2008, 09:08 AM   #2
StewtheBassman
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5d 421,000kms

I have test driven one with a sport package and manual 6 speed....dream combo right? Well for some reason the car was twitchier than I would have expected....the steering was an effort. Now that had something to do with the lousy roads I was on, but if I were to get a 5 series I would want to be able to switch off the "sport" concept from time to time.

I think a 545 would be a great car to have, but with a steptronic, and no sport....the engine is a beauty...the tones deep and rich and the torque is endless and always there....

The reason there are so many out there could be thanks to the Premium Gas going in them, and/or possibly because of the twitchiness in the sport package....

Did you read this week that BMW will scale down V8 production significantly this coming year?

Have you test driven any?

Appreciate 0
      09-06-2008, 09:12 AM   #3
StewtheBassman
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5d 421,000kms

BTW my friend and fellow bimmerposter "findtom" just purchased a 545, loaded with o sport pack, and low mileage, for about 30k, out there in California....the deals are there, for sure!

Appreciate 0