E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Issues after engine swap

02-17-2020, 10:00 AM   #1
ChasenM3
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Issues after engine swap

Hello! I had recently blown my n55 engine from a shredded belt being sucked into the engine. Got a new motor put in but now since having it back, a few things have not been working correctly. I was wondering if anyone has any advice on what the issue could be?

#1 - my windshield whippers work when they want to. When I first start my car they turn on but don't stop, and when they do stop they stop in the middle of my windshield. Then they won't turn back on to go down. I tried the relay and fuses but nothing is working.

#2 - my oil temp gauge is not working. I haven't looked too much into this as my whippers have been my priority. The gauge never moves. It's stuck on 0. Shouldn't I be getting an engine code if something was wrong with it?

It's a 2011 335i.
All help is greatly appreciated!
Thanks!