E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Where to get oil change?

09-09-2008, 08:57 AM   #1
Seminole
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Red Flyer

Garage List
2008 E90 328i  [7.00]
Where to get oil change?

Ok, I don't want to start another oil change war. Based off what I've read, and after talking with the technical editor of Roundel, I want to get the oil changed. I'm almost at 2000mi so I'd want to get it done soon. I'd rather spend the money to get some peace of mind since I'm keeping this car for 5 years or more. I made an appointment at the BMW dealership to get it done. A day before my apt. my SA calls me and tells me it doesn't need to be done, that BMW's can go 15,000 miles on one oil change, etc... When I told him I wanted it anyways he said it would be a waste of money. I wasn't in the mood to fight over me giving him money, so I just canceled the appointment. It is the only dealership for a while around here, so I can't just bring it to another place. So my question is where is the best place to get the oil changed that will use a BMW filter, and the right kind of oil? I'm a mechanical idiot when it comes to cars and I don't know how/ don't want to attempt to do the oil myself. Thanks!
      09-09-2008, 09:41 AM   #2
satakal
Major
Rep
Drives: e46

Get this:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...ht=tischer+oil

and the wrench.

Then, take the "mats" to your local quick lube place. The morons there (I used to be one) can't mess it up.
________
couple Webcam

Last edited by satakal; 08-16-2011 at 06:06 PM..
Appreciate 0