BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, Tuning Modifications    please delete. double post

04-06-2020, 07:24 PM   #1
rdbmwpst
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F90 M5C

please delete. double post

My 2019 BMW M5 Competition broke down after installing this Racechip GTS black tune. i reaches support and they want me to send them the tuning box so they can replace it. that is too much risk. A piggyback tune should have all of its issues worked out before they sell it. i’ve heard these engines are $50k to replace. i have a couple of videos but i can’t seem to post them here. Th car would vibrate and appeared to be running on two cylinders (if that is even possible) before stalling out. it sounded like a Harley Davidson. Support treated me like an idiot as well

My son got the car going by disconnecting the battery for five minutes and he also plugged in the tuner override dongle

Has anyone else had this happen? what should i do?

In September 2019 my car had its low pressure fuel pump replaced because it would stall after starting up. The car has been trouble free since then except for the windshield wipers randomly turning on
Attached Images

Last edited by rdbmwpst; 04-06-2020 at 07:59 PM.. Reason: double post
Appreciate 0