F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK - Off Topic > What tosspots do live next to?
proTUNING Freaks

04-11-2020, 03:46 PM   #1
SkyJawa
Major General
Rep
Drives: F10 530d

What tosspots do live next to?

A nice sunny relaxing Easter weekend is not so, given the new neighbours (a builder) have decided everyone wants to listen to them with a digger and jackhammer digging up the front garden all day for the last 2 days.

Had the house shake and glasses rattling all day. This is on top of 2 weeks of outside noise grinding concrete posts etc in the back garden, kids thinking our drive is a playground, bonfires every night.

We have retirement living behind so all vulnerable people. Environmental Health East Hants say no one should be doing large diy projects and be considerate of neighbours who are stuck at home by keeping noise down.

Neighbourhood has gone down the shitter the moment they moved in, yaaay!

So, anyone else got utter selfish ignorant arseholes next door?
Appreciate 3
335dX430.00
JustChris17487.50
MattRST109.50
      04-11-2020, 03:55 PM   #2
335dX
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Astra Hybrid | Corsa Ultimate

Our immediate next door neighbours, both sides are fine. To the right we then have a couple with 3 young girls and a paddling pool, and all they know is screaming not playing...unless screaming IS playing? It wasn’t in my day, i had to be seen and NOT heard.

Over the back is ex council terrace, (scummy part of the village,) and of course that goes with music in the garden, because that’s what you do in a small village. Inconsiderate fucks.

Over the back slightly to the right is ‘grandma’ who has the grand children around every weekend in the summer and they scream their fucking heads off too.

I have been known to shout shut the fuck up and turn that shit off occasionally. It never used to be this noisey.

Rant over, I feel your pain.
Appreciate 2
SkyJawa3718.50
      04-11-2020, 03:58 PM   #3
robbiep
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: VW e-Golf !

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyJawa View Post
A nice sunny relaxing Easter weekend is not so, given the new neighbours (a builder) have decided everyone wants to listen to them with a digger and jackhammer digging up the front garden all day for the last 2 days.

Had the house shake and glasses rattling all day. This is on top of 2 weeks of outside noise grinding concrete posts etc in the back garden, kids thinking our drive is a playground, bonfires every night.

We have retirement living behind so all vulnerable people. Environmental Health East Hants say no one should be doing large diy projects and be considerate of neighbours who are stuck at home by keeping noise down.

Neighbourhood has gone down the shitter the moment they moved in, yaaay!

So, anyone else got utter selfish ignorant arseholes next door?
Council. Call them, keep a record. Insist that if the 'softly softly' approach hasn't worked, that they will go with enforcement.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2020, 04:14 PM   #4
Nobby Clark
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F36 430d xDrive M Sport

People in general have no social awareness. There seems to a focus on me, I and entitlement theses days with little consideration about anyone else.

I mean, who’d have thought that just because little Gavin Chung form Wuhan fancied a bat for his eleveses, Stenhousemuir vs Elgin City would be cancelled?
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2020, 04:15 PM   #5
Lincoln61
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2018 430d Msport+

Our neighbours are elderly, and quiet. We have been assisting to ensure our quiet lives are ongoing.

The bottom of the garden neighbours are never to be heard of in normal times. But since the lockdown the bastards have suddenly realised there is an outdoors. They spend all day shouting to each other over the fences.....Its like a carry on film holiday camp!
Appreciate 1
SkyJawa3718.50
      04-11-2020, 04:27 PM   #6
Broncho
Banned
England
Rep
Drives: Chav white Mercedes

Mine parks outside of my house....
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2020, 04:45 PM   #7
Lincoln61
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncho View Post
Kill them
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2020, 04:52 PM   #8
Somebloke
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

One of our neighbours used to swap our bins in our close 'cos ours were invariably cleaner. Pissed me off so much that I decided to shame him by creating an SSID on a spare AP as STOP-SWAPPING-My-BINS.
Appreciate 1
SkyJawa3718.50
      04-11-2020, 05:07 PM   #9
Rukka
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M4 Comp

My neighbours (known tossers with probable mental issues) seem to be heavy weed smokers.

It fucking stinks!

Rant over.

Past: C43, X4 M40i, TTS, M4 CP, 440i, 435d, M235i, 220d, F30, E90, E87
Appreciate 3
SkyJawa3718.50
JustChris17487.50
goodbyalfa1056.00
      04-11-2020, 05:12 PM   #10
Goneinsixtyseconds
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Q7 & Clubman JCW on order

Quote:
We’ve heard

Put poo on their car door handle every day until they stop.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2020, 05:15 PM   #11
Broncho
Banned
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goneinsixtyseconds View Post
Quote:
We've heard

No need, I've got up early every day since the lockdown and parked my Grandland there, makes the driveway clear to pop in and out with the Mercedes, especially now whilst the weather is so good.

Last edited by Broncho; 04-11-2020 at 07:15 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2020, 06:56 PM   #12
Hooded
Banned
England
Rep
Drives: F30 330d M-Sport

Quote:

The only problem with that kind of behaviour is some people might retaliate by putting paint stripper over your car.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2020, 02:34 AM   #13
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

Quote:
Quote:
We’ve heard

And a potato in their exhasut
      04-12-2020, 02:40 AM   #14
bishbosh
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F30 335d

Garage List
2014 BMW 335d  [0.00]
Neighbours on one side are fine with us, although I heard the previous owners of our house had a beef with them.

Other side is a lady on her own, has the most whiny voice I've ever heard, keeps 2 dogs which are the loudest f*ckers in the village. Bark at absolutely everything. You can hear them from a couple of streets away very easily.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2020, 02:42 AM   #15
goodbyalfa
King of the North (living in the east...)
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M340i mineral white

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rukka View Post
My neighbours (known tossers with probable mental issues) seem to be heavy weed smokers.

It fucking stinks!

Rant over.
Since lock down, we have had this every bloody day. F@cking pot heads.
2015 330D F30 MSport EBII
2012 Alfa Guilietta 2.0d Veloce
2009 Fiat bravo sport
2000 ST Mondeo
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2020, 03:50 AM   #16
aquazi
Major
Rep
Drives: 18 M4C

I used to live in Derby in a semi detached house. The neighbours connected to me used to drink and swear all day... which i could just about tolerate...

Then they got a staffy bull it used to come into my garden under the hedge, shit in the garden and prevent me going into my garden.

One day i had enough thought i’d chase it out with a broom and it attacked me, bit my arm.

Called the police they couldnt/ didnt do anything.

4 years ago when my son was born we moved as didnt think it was safe... now live in a nice new build estate... and get one with everyone.

Hate to think how we would cope in the current lockdown with both kids there and no garden.
Appreciate 1
JustChris17487.50
      04-12-2020, 04:05 AM   #17
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: iPace / Mini

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335dX View Post
Our immediate next door neighbours, both sides are fine. To the right we then have a couple with 3 young girls and a paddling pool, and all they know is screaming not playing...unless screaming IS playing? It wasn’t in my day, i had to be seen and NOT heard.

Over the back is ex council terrace, (scummy part of the village,) and of course that goes with music in the garden, because that’s what you do in a small village. Inconsiderate fucks.

Over the back slightly to the right is ‘grandma’ who has the grand children around every weekend in the summer and they scream their fucking heads off too.

I have been known to shout shut the fuck up and turn that shit off occasionally. It never used to be this noisey.

I live with my 3 year old grandson in case I haven’t mentioned it.... he would love to be going to nursery, soft play, the activity farm, the park, top golf or the driving range. He can’t do any of those but he is still a 3 year old with loads of energy and noise...

So he has a set of goalposts in the garden, a paddling pool and a water gun. He probably makes a lot of noise between the hours of 10 and 4, on and off when one of us goes outside to play with him so he can let off steam.

Fortunately it’s an estate of family houses so most people are in the same boat. But if they complained, in the current climate, about a three year old having a bit of fun, I would probably have words...
Appreciate 2
Sennen1733.50
Broncho2311.00
      04-12-2020, 04:11 AM   #18
Broncho
Banned
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by isleaiw1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 335dX View Post

I live with my 3 year old grandson in case I haven’t mentioned it.... he would love to be going to nursery, soft play, the activity farm, the park, top golf or the driving range. He can’t do any of those but he is still a 3 year old with loads of energy and noise...

So he has a set of goalposts in the garden, a paddling pool and a water gun. He probably makes a lot of noise between the hours of 10 and 4, on and off when one of us goes outside to play with him so he can let off steam.

Fortunately it’s an estate of family houses so most people are in the same boat. But if they complained, in the current climate, about a three year old having a bit of fun, I would probably have words...
Kids playing in the garden making noise and music on whilst we have a glass of wine to relax after a hard days graft of fuck all.

It's what middle class lockdown dreams are made of!
Appreciate 1
isleaiw18775.50
      04-12-2020, 04:35 AM   #19
Kendo67
Major
Scotland
Rep
Drives: Me - 440i , Dog - Cayenne

Pretty lucky around here , mostly old considerate people that had "decency" installed in them as they were growing up . The immediate neighbors always ask when i am on nights prior to getting any work done and arrange their tradesmen around my shifts , which is decent of them and in return they get my services when required if they need any minor jobs doing , taking their dog to the vets and just being there should they require someone to talk to.

The "Adams Family" who`s back garden (dump) backs onto our driveway keep themselves to themselves which is good as they are manky bastards and if they did communicate i would struggle not to say anything as no matter how much £££ and effort we put into our driveway / garage it always looks shit as over a small wall is their own personal amenity site (no food thankfully).

The house over the hedge at the bottom of the garden has been empty for around a year so certainly no noise from there , the one on the RHS of the garden i think is being used as the footy training academy for Barcelona FC as from dawn -> dusk the dividing 2m fence is constantly getting a football fired at it , fine when the kids were younger but a couple of teenagers can certainly hit the ball with a bit of force.

K
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2020, 04:59 AM   #20
Broncho
Banned
England
Rep

Apart from the parking neighbour we’re pretty lucky our road is mostly populated by retired folks, who are by and large pretty easy going.

We’re about the youngest with another set of neighbours the same as us, both with 2 young kids.

The prick behind pisses me off!

Last edited by Broncho; 04-12-2020 at 06:11 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2020, 05:01 AM   #21
EvilDrPorkChop
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Porsche Cayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendo67 View Post
The one on the RHS of the garden i think is being used as the footy training academy for Barcelona FC as from dawn -> dusk the dividing 2m fence is constantly getting a football fired at it , fine when the kids were younger but a couple of teenagers can certainly hit the ball with a bit of force.

K
One of our neighbours who we do get on with has a young kid who likes a good kick about, when they first moved in we used to get about 3/4 balls over a day in summer. One day on a hot summers day with all the windows open I was sat in my office and saw another ball come over on our CCTV after the previous 4, I flipped and said rather loudly 'I'm sick of these F****** balls coming over they're never ending' to my OH. What I didn't realise was they were stood at our front door just about to ring the bell They quietly retreated; however the upside is we've had one ball over in 2 years

But we get on with all our neighbours, I really think it makes where you live. Ours is a 20 year old estate and the majority have been here from new. But we get on with both neighbours either side, and the ones directly opposite us. They all welcomed us with open arms when we moved here 3 years ago and get invited to parties and that.

We've often wondered about moving somewhere slightly bigger in years to come, and then we consider that in fact we might end up with naff neighbours who make your life hell!
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2020, 05:37 AM   #22
Lincoln61
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Well the mad bitch down the road has been blaring out hymns from the front garden this morning. A small gathering of god botherers congregated outside her gates (all 2m apart) to sway and clap.
Appreciate 0