F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK - Off Topic > Does bad luck really happen in 3s?
proTUNING Freaks

05-06-2020, 12:27 PM   #1
Broncho
Banned
England
Rep
Drives: Chav white Mercedes

Does bad luck really happen in 3s?

So far this week

Got told to jog on about my claim for the damage to my car.

Fridge freezer packed in 2 days ago so had to purchase a new one, only 3 years old mind.

Today a hinge on my bi-fold doors has sheared, no idea what that’ll cost, frame out job and it’s rendered in.

Wish I’d not shot that black cat with an air rifle now
Appreciate 1
Bibbles778.50
      05-06-2020, 12:34 PM   #2
SantaEugence
Major
Rep
Drives: F30 330d xDrive Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncho View Post
So far this week

Fridge freezer packed in 2 days ago so had to purchase a new one, only 3 years old mind.

Today that hinge on my bi-fold doors has sheared, no idea what that'll cost, frame out job and it's rendered in.

Wish I'd not shot that black cat with an air rifle now
Is this the pothole damage? I've got a similar claim ongoing, I suspect many councils will try bat you off every which way they can as a way to weed out people less committed, unless it's a really clear cut case.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2020, 12:41 PM   #3
Broncho
Banned
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SantaEugence View Post
Quote:
So far this week

Today that hinge on my bi-fold doors has sheared, no idea what that'll cost, frame out job and it's rendered in.

Is this the pothole damage? I've got a similar claim ongoing, I suspect many councils will try bat you off every which way they can as a way to weed out people less committed, unless it's a really clear cut case.
Yep, and I can't see how more clear cut it could be with it on tape from my dash cam.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2020, 12:50 PM   #4
SantaEugence
Major
Rep
Drives: F30 330d xDrive Auto

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
So far this week

Yep, and I can't see how more clear cut it could be with it on tape from my dash cam.
Small claims it is then?
Mine was just the tyre to start with (MPS4S 3 weeks old) but now there could be more damage as BMW did 4 wheel aligned as part of something separate and asked me if I'd hit something on that side as it wasn't quite aligning right.
I'll be doing a FoI request next to get more details of their policies and inspections for the road - tried doing it via the claims dep as I didn't want to clog up their FoI team but he just ignored me so 🤷🏼*♂️
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2020, 01:01 PM   #5
Broncho
Banned
England
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
So far this week

Small claims it is then?
Mine was just the tyre to start with (MPS4S 3 weeks old) but now there could be more damage as BMW did 4 wheel aligned as part of something separate and asked me if I'd hit something on that side as it wasn't quite aligning right.
I'll be doing a FoI request next to get more details of their policies and inspections for the road - tried doing it via the claims dep as I didn't want to clog up their FoI team but he just ignored me so 🤷🏼*♂️
I asked for the reports and got them through this morning, it's basically screen grabs of an old 90's computer system, so fuck all.

I'm going to tell them I need a more modern slice of data than that, I'm just going to troll them.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2020, 01:46 PM   #6
Watsey
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 330D sDrive M Sport

Why didn't you get the fridge-freezer repaired ? At 3.5 years old all the parts will be easily available and at a fraction of the price that you mentioned you spent on a new one (>£3grand ?).
Current : F31 330sD, remapped, Ohlins Road & Track, Millway camber plates, Quaife LSD, Stoptech brakes + Pagid RSL1 pads all round, Weichers front strut brace, Eibach front & rear anti-roll bars, Michelin MP4S.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2020, 01:55 PM   #7
Broncho
Banned
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsey View Post
Why didn't you get the fridge-freezer repaired ? At 3.5 years old all the parts will be easily available and at a fraction of the price that you mentioned you spent on a new one (>£3grand ?).
My mate over the road owns a commercial refrigeration company, he sent one of the lads out on Monday, the unit in the back is completely sealed, he gassed it up again and said it’s got a leak, it might last a couple of days or a couple of years as he can’t get to where the leak is.

It’s working at the moment so now I’ve got 2.

2 fridges Broncho they’re calling me!

EDIT no I’ve paid nowhere near that for it.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2020, 01:58 PM   #8
Watsey
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 330D sDrive M Sport

Quote:
My mate over the road owns a commercial refrigeration company, he sent one of the lads out on Monday, the unit in the back is completely sealed, he gassed it up again and said it’s got a leak, it might last a couple of days or a couple of years as he can’t get to where the leak is.

That kind of cynical design pisses me off. Not serviceable; not repairable; force the customer to chuck it and buy another. So wasteful.
Current : F31 330sD, remapped, Ohlins Road & Track, Millway camber plates, Quaife LSD, Stoptech brakes + Pagid RSL1 pads all round, Weichers front strut brace, Eibach front & rear anti-roll bars, Michelin MP4S.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2020, 02:03 PM   #9
Broncho
Banned
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsey View Post
Quote:

That kind of cynical design pisses me off. Not serviceable; not repairable; force the customer to chuck it and buy another. So wasteful.
Yep completely sealed and packed, no way of getting to it.

If it's a slow leak I can gas it myself but the fridge is working perfectly so it makes sense not to LobB it out.

Both are in the utility room btw, I'm not collecting fridges in my kitchen, there's already one in there
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2020, 02:13 PM   #10
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: iPace / Mini

Quote:

If it's a slow leak I can gas it myself but the fridge is working perfectly so it makes sense not to LobB it out.

Both are in the utility room btw, I'm not collecting fridges in my kitchen, there's already one in there
you see three fridges, three cases of bad luck. That's you problem....

Nice use of LobB by the way.... wonder what he makes of all of this. probably caused by diesel and not getting Brexit done quickly enough...
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2020, 02:35 PM   #11
Broncho
Banned
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by isleaiw1 View Post
Quote:

you see three fridges, three cases of bad luck. That's you problem....

Nice use of LobB by the way.... wonder what he makes of all of this. probably caused by diesel and not getting Brexit done quickly enough...
He was pretty boring like.

Probably need to flush him out of here again, I have strong suspicions
Appreciate 1
isleaiw18772.50
      05-07-2020, 04:55 AM   #12
DB118D
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 118d Sport

I've no doubt he is here somewhere

In fact, I'm sure I saw a post "Appreciate" from him fairly recently
Appreciate 0