BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 CS Model > No US Euro Delivery for M2CS

05-07-2020, 11:41 AM   #1
M3tallicar
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ///M

No US Euro Delivery for M2CS

I was told by my sale manager yesterday that the BMW Rep stated there will not be any M2CS Euro Deliveries done for the US because they don't plan on distributing the slated Aug/Sept Production for those cars until October, after the Sept delivery deadline.

I'm pressing to have my pre-reservation for it in before 5/18 regardless just in case it's possible, doesn't seem like there would be any negative drawbacks to that.

Has anyone heard differently?
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2020, 12:26 PM   #2
robertm
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 Comp

That's really a bummer. Sorry man.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2020, 01:04 PM   #3
GimmeanM
We've landed on the moon!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M (AW)

Garage List
2020 BMW M2 CS  [0.00]
2018 Toyota Tacoma  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3tallicar View Post
I was told by my sale manager yesterday that the BMW Rep stated there will not be any M2CS Euro Deliveries done for the US because they don't plan on distributing the slated Aug/Sept Production for those cars until October, after the Sept delivery deadline.

I'm pressing to have my pre-reservation for it in before 5/18 regardless just in case it's possible, doesn't seem like there would be any negative drawbacks to that.

I suspected the same based on timing of allocations, but I am also working on getting a pre-reservation slot with ED just in case it can work out. I'm not optimistic that it will.
      05-07-2020, 02:21 PM   #4
DanG
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 AW DCT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [7.68]
There is a thread in the general section that BMWNA has stopped all European deliveries . So there will be no M2CS European deliveries for US customers.
      05-07-2020, 04:29 PM   #5
GoneIn4Secs
Banned
Rep
Drives: BSM F87 LCI (DCT)

Op, due to the virus hitting the economies of the world and the end user's pocket, BMW has let their customers save a bunch of momey and turned off Euro delivery and activated Mexican delivery for US buyers
Appreciate 1
      05-07-2020, 06:56 PM   #6
akkando
Major General
Rep
Drives: 17 M2 DCT LBB,11 e90 M3 ZCP IB

Quote:
Originally Posted by GimmeanM View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3tallicar View Post

I suspected the same based on timing of allocations, but I am also working on getting a pre-reservation slot with ED just in case it can work out. I'm not optimistic that it will.
Is Germany going to be worth traveling to in September or before? I would like to do euro delivery but gf is skeptical it's worth it if all the cool stuff to see, do, and eat at are closed.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2020, 08:56 PM   #7
Saintjah
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C

Im assuming that they did this to stop us from dodging their dealer markups?
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2020, 08:58 PM   #8
DanG
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 AW DCT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [7.68]
Quote:
Originally Posted by akkando View Post
Is Germany going to be worth traveling to in September or before? I would like to do euro delivery but gf is skeptical it's worth it if all the cool stuff to see, do, and eat at are closed.
You have to have an ED delivery assign by May 18th. No information is available to setup an M2CS delivery. There will be no ED on M2 CSs.

https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1717729
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2020, 12:42 AM   #9
Hangman4358
Private
Rep
Drives: '14 F31 328d Sportline

Garage List
2017 M2  [0.00]
2014 328d F31  [0.00]
Quote:
The entire Schengen area is currently closed to non Schengen citizens unless you live there. There is zero outside tourism, idk how it will look by September.

My wife and I were going to visit my parents in September, bought plane tickets in January. If my wife can't get in then there is no reason for me to go alone.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2020, 09:56 AM   #10
GimmeanM
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M2 CS  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [10.00]
Quote:
My gf and I were discussing the same the other night. At this point I'm going to keep trying to get an ED slot even though there are no production numbers and no promise that it would be a worthwhile trip. If we can secure a slot that's the best we can hope for at this point.

Maybe the silver lining is to do a PCD and spend some of that other money on 1M mods?

What's your plan?
      05-08-2020, 11:24 AM   #11
akkando
Major General
Rep
Drives: 17 M2 DCT LBB,11 e90 M3 ZCP IB

Quote:
Quote:
My gf and I were discussing the same the other night. At this point I'm going to keep trying to get an ED slot even though there are no production numbers and no promise that it would be a worthwhile trip. If we can secure a slot that's the best we can hope for at this point.

Maybe the silver lining is to do a PCD and spend some of that other money on 1M mods?

What's your plan?
I just had this fantasy that I would get a model year 2021 m2c as an upgrade to my 2017 m2 so I could have the best version of the modern BMW I like best before they stop making cars with the DCT. I didn't see myself getting a g series m2 or m3 and things are moving fast with the GF so I felt the window on buying stupid cars and fun long vacations coming to a close in the near future, at least for a while. Going m2 to m2c is an expensive minor upgrade, so in my mind it was easier to justify if I get one as part of an unforgettable once in a life time Euro Delivery experience where I hopefully won't remember the foolishness of spending money on a new car that's very much like my old car it replaces.

Since they were making the m2c until June 2021 I figured I had time to plan and pull the trigger to pick up the car in spring 2021.

Now I don't know what to do. I need to make some decisions fast if I ever want to do euro delivery. Even if I make it happen in September it could be a shitty trip we don't want to even go on. Things could get worse and right before delivery they could even close their borders and we went to cancel the trip and hotels and all that. We already had to cancel a two week trip to Japan that we were supposed to go on two days from now. Japan won't even allow people from the US to fly in right now. If we got in can we even tour the Whiskey distillery we wanted to go to? I don't think so.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2020, 11:46 AM   #12
GimmeanM
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M2 CS  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [10.00]
Quote:
I just had this fantasy that I would get a model year 2021 m2c as an upgrade to my 2017 m2 so I could have the best version of the modern BMW I like best before they stop making cars with the DCT. I didn't see myself getting a g series m2 or m3 and things are moving fast with the GF so I felt the window on buying stupid cars and fun long vacations coming to a close in the near future, at least for a while. Going m2 to m2c is an expensive minor upgrade, so in my mind it was easier to justify if I get one as part of an unforgettable once in a life time Euro Delivery experience where I hopefully won't remember the foolishness of spending money on a new car that's very much like my old car it replaces.

Since they were making the m2c until June 2021 I figured I had time to plan and pull the trigger to pick up the car in spring 2021.

Now I don't know what to do. I need to make some decisions fast if I ever want to do euro delivery. Even if I make it happen in September it could be a shitty trip we don't want to even go on. Things could get worse and right before delivery they could even close their borders and we went to cancel the trip and hotels and all that. We already had to cancel a two week trip to Japan that we were supposed to go on two days from now. Japan won't even allow people from the US to fly in right now. If we got in can we even tour the Whiskey distillery we wanted to go to? I don't think so.
I hear ya. I have had ED on the radar for a long time and have been planning and dreaming about it for awhile now. Was planning to do a lot of mountain biking in the Alps and a lot of mountain driving as well. I even got the owner of my store to agree to allow me to take Euro delivery of 'a special edition M2' back in 2016. So sad. If it comes down to production timing alone and it's a choice between an M2C with Euro Delivery versus an M2CS with PCD I think I'll go with the M2CS. I'm not sure that the enjoyment of a couple weeks driving in (a potentially half shut) Europe outweighs the x years of ownership afterwards. I think I wouldn't want to keep an M2C because I've spent this long wanting the CS.

So maybe M2CS in MB with a PCD at Thermal and then take my saved money a do a couple things to the 1M that I've wanted to do...M Performance seats and Stage 2?

I feel guilty being this sad about it considering what else is happening in the world, but like you I've had a fantasy of doing this trip for so long and is crumbling before our eyes.
      05-08-2020, 12:02 PM   #13
chris719
Major General
Rep
Drives: '08 M Roadster

Quote:
I hear ya. I have had ED on the radar for a long time and have been planning and dreaming about it for awhile now. Was planning to do a lot of mountain biking in the Alps and a lot of mountain driving as well. I even got the owner of my store to agree to allow me to take Euro delivery of 'a special edition M2' back in 2016. So sad. If it comes down to production timing alone and it's a choice between an M2C with Euro Delivery versus an M2CS with PCD I think I'll go with the M2CS. I'm not sure that the enjoyment of a couple weeks driving in (a potentially half shut) Europe outweighs the x years of ownership afterwards. I think I wouldn't want to keep an M2C because I've spent this long wanting the CS.

So maybe M2CS in MB with a PCD at Thermal and then take my saved money a do a couple things to the 1M that I've wanted to do...M Performance seats and Stage 2?

I feel guilty being this sad about it considering what else is happening in the world, but like you I've had a fantasy of doing this trip for so long and is crumbling before our eyes.
It really sucks. I was thinking about doing ED this year or next. Oh well, I guess PCD is still pretty fun. Can always just take a trip to Germany.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2020, 12:11 PM   #14
5.M0NSTER
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE

Quote:
Quote:

I'm a US expat living in Germany. I'm in the south very close to Stuttgart.

Germany is set for a very very slow re-opening starting next week. But all large events and concerts, and even Octoberfest have been canceled through September. First time in 70 years. Octoberfest happens late September.

Once of the conditions of reopening is a rate of new infections less than 50/1000 people per day. Once it starts reopening, I don't see this happening. So likely there will be a second wave of shutdowns.

Bottom line, I would not risk it, unless you can get your money 100% back. They are talking about reopening schools and kindergardens at 50% caoacity. One week on, one week off, and alternating groups/classes. It will be a long while before things here are back to normal. In September perhaps we can travel between EU countries again, but even that is risky. Even inside Germany there is a no travel order until June 15th. Restaurants won't open before then either.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE. Because race car!

"Redline a day keeps the mechanics away"
Appreciate 1
GimmeanM1448.50