E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Transmission Shudder?!

04-11-2006, 06:30 PM   #1
ages944
Captain
Poland
Rep
Drives: E90 325i

Transmission Shudder?!

Question:

I've been noticing something lately more and more, but I wanted to make sure it's not just me.

When I start my car up in the morning, the car shudders as the engine is warming up (~1000 rpm on the tach). After about 30seconds of sitting in this "blender simulator," the rpms drop to regular idle, and the shudder subsides (though I can still feel it a little).

I've tried to diagnose this a bit myself, so once I tried raising the engine RPMs a bit while the car was still warming up. I raised the RPMs to 2000, but the shudder didn't change at all. Hence, I started to think that maybe this is a transmission thing...

My question is this: Does anyone else have a similar vibration to this or no? Basically, how smooth are all your cars? Am I just being overly anal? FYI, I've had the software update (dealer says I'm at v22?!)

P.S. I'm probably going to set up an appt w/ the dealer for after Easter, but I thought I'd run it by ya'll first.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2006, 10:36 PM   #2
ages944
Captain
Poland
Rep
Drives: E90 325i

so... no one's car does something similar?
Appreciate 0