THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum BMW Connected Drive

06-12-2020, 12:15 PM   #1
cooolone2
Captain
Rep
Drives: 20' M240iX B58, 01' 330XI E46

BMW Connected Drive

So... I got my M240 last October, never registered anything, downloaded the connected app but never completed any sign in, etc. Everything worked, Spotify as well, direct from my phone. Built in navigation, etc., all worked. Never tried the assistance button, but that's ok. I contacted BMW when I first purchased it about remote start but it's not avay on the 240 model. So I felt it wasn't then necessary to activate the app.

So today, my Spotify was not working fully, was weird, so I loaded the app, and registered the vehicle. Spotify worked... Coincidence?

Did I make a mistake? I really didn't need any of the app abilities like making a trip on your phone and having the car transfer it and go... Lol. Or any of the other services.

My concern is now they have the car info., can turn on/off services etc., or Ami I missing something? Or does the services come with the car for a period of time and the app registration was nothing? I just don't like the idea that they can access the car...

Anyways... Just thoughts and looking for those who know to school me.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2020, 05:30 PM   #2
DistantTea
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Oops

Spotify goes from working and not working all the time. It's a mix of phone OS changes, Spotify app changes and the much rarer iDrive changes. About once every couple months I have to fuss with mine.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2020, 10:23 PM   #3
cooolone2
Captain
Rep
Drives: 20' M240iX B58, 01' 330XI E46

What's weird is Spotify was working (kind of), but song control on the steering wheel wasn't working. It's all working now, so could have been a hiccup!

What's the take on Connected Drive?
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2020, 08:08 AM   #4
DistantTea
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Oops

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooolone2 View Post
What's weird is Spotify was working (kind of), but song control on the steering wheel wasn't working. It's all working now, so could have been a hiccup!

What's the take on Connected Drive?
That happens to me as well. If you click on the audio button and bring the audio display in iDrive the wheel controls start working (and the hud comes up as well). If you just let it autoplay in my car the wheel controls never work. I have a habit of now hitting that audio button to bring up the display whenever I get in the car. Its annoying but whatever.

Personally I love connected drive for no other reason than somebody will give me a place they want to go or a work destination and I can plug it into the app and it just starts up my nav when I plug in. Plus if I'm paranoid about my car being locked I can check. That's about all it's good for.
Appreciate 0