E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic > NCC Fall Tour, Blue Ridge Pkwy & Natural Bridge, VA: 11-01-2008

NCC Fall Tour, Blue Ridge Pkwy & Natural Bridge, VA
Calendar: USA - Mid-Atlantic
pseto
Major General

2008 NCC BMWCCA Fall Tour - Natural Bridge, VA

Saturday & Sunday, November 1 & 2, 2008
Departure Time: 9:00 am
Departure Location: Chantilly, VA

Given your Guest Tourmeister's affinity for the Virginia Piedmont and Charlottesville, you had to figure we'd be headed back. We are. This year's Fall Tour will start in Chantilly, VA and head west and south through the Piedmont to Charlottesville for lunch. Once again this year, we will be dining at the historic Michie Tavern (http://michietavern.com/) near Monticello.

After lunch, we'll do some more driving through the foothills around Charlottesville before heading to Wintergreen (http://www.wintergreenresort.com/). Wintergreen has several golf courses, a spa, fitness center, and lots of other activities. Because there is so much to do in the area (markets, galleries, wineries, recreational activities, more great roads, etc.), we’ll finish up the driving portion around 3:30-4:00, leaving a few hours for folks to enjoy the area before the reception, dinner, and overnight. Sunday morning, we’ll take the Blue Ridge Parkway to see the Natural Bridge and Caverns (http://www.naturalbridgeva.com/). After visiting these natural wonders, you’ll be free to head home, explore other local sites, or do whatever you would like.

Wintergreen has a block of rooms for us at the rate of $139 (+ tax). You are responsible for making and paying for your own room reservations. For reservations, call: 1-800-611-6888 (ask for Group Reservations) and mention the BMW Car Club Event (Acct # 40I9OG). Rooms should be reserved as soon as possible in order to guarantee the rate and availability. When you call, please confirm with Wintergreen their cancellation room policy.

Menus for the weekend are as follows. If you have any special dietary restrictions, please note them on the registration form.

Buffet Lunch: Fried Chicken, Vegetables, Biscuits, Beverages (tea, coffee), & Dessert
Reception: Light hors d’oeuvres, Cash Bar
Buffet Dinner: Grilled Chicken with fruit salsa, Almond-Crusted Tilapia, Grilled London Broil, Vegetables, Beverages (tea, coffee), and Dessert Buffet, Cash Bar throughout

The total cost is $70/person. This includes lunch, reception, dinner, and admission to the Natural Bridge and Caverns.

To register:
http://www.nccbmwcca.org/index.php?id=139,1301,0,0,1,0

You must complete the registration process, sending in your form and check no later than Wednesday, October 22nd in order to eat lunch and dinner, attend the reception, and tour the Bridge and Caverns. As noted, hotel reservations are on your own, made and paid for individually. If you have questions, please e-mail the Tourmeister, David Costanza, at dcostanz@gwu.edu.
RSVP'd Yes: 1
  • pseto - always a lot of fun
RSVP sign-ups for this event are now closed.