F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK - Off Topic > DME update at end of warranty check ?
ARMA SPEED

06-22-2020, 10:23 AM   #1
Kendo67
Major
Scotland
Rep
Drives: Me - 440i , Dog - Cayenne

DME update at end of warranty check ?

Just had the MPPSK equipped car into the dealers to carryout an MOT / brake fluid replacement and the EOW check,

Picked the car up and all settings had reverted back to factory so there must have been an SW update performed , checked the sports display and they are also back to factory (ie 320 not 400) . Went back into the dealer to ask what had been done and was told there was a DME update carried out.

They never realised the car had the MPPSK fitted even though it has carbon exhaust tips , plate on the engine cover and the updated sports displays , plus it was their franchise that fitted the bloody thing in the first place and seem to have omitted to update the vehicles history for future reference / updates.

Car still with them to rectify their mistake , hopefully tomorrow.

It maybe worth mentioning to the dealer if your MPPSK equipped vehicle is in for anything and may require an update.

Why do i bother with nice cars , BMW in the dealers through no fault of mine , Porsche back in the dealers through no fault of mine. Got a week off work and nothing to tinker with.

Rant over - K

Last edited by Kendo67; 06-22-2020 at 11:31 AM..
Appreciate 1
Soul_Glo13347.00
      06-22-2020, 05:04 PM   #2
Ashway
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: RR Vogue Westminster

what's up with the Porka, nothing serious I hope
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2020, 03:51 AM   #3
Kendo67
Major
Scotland
Rep
Drives: Me - 440i , Dog - Cayenne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashway View Post
what's up with the Porka, nothing serious I hope
No , when i got it home i noticed the front discs were a bit worn and they measured just under minimum size so we agreed that i would replace them myself and they would cover the cost which i was happy with. Four days after i got the car it threw an EML and once scanned it came up with an exhaust temp sensor of which there are six of and as they are around £200 each for a genuine part it was thought it would be better if they came and got the car and did the repair at their workshop in Sheffield as their diagnostic kit would be better at pin pointing the exact sensor that needed replaced rather than me messing about changing random sensors hoping i got the correct one first time.

They even dropped off a courtesy car , only problem it is an Audi an nice one (A7 S-Line) but it is still an Audi.

A good start to the day as i got the BM back from the dealers all re-coded to the way it should be with pops and bangs aplenty. Only thing i need to do is re-Bimmercode it to the way it was so thats todays jobs sorted between the showers.

K

Last edited by Kendo67; 06-23-2020 at 04:08 AM..
Appreciate 1
Ashway235.00