Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Technical Topics B48 4-Cylinder Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications BOOTMOD3 amazing service

07-08-2020, 02:08 PM   #1
Punkwrock
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i-X

Just got my 2020 330i flashed to stage 1. They did everything remotely and it all went perfectly. Car pulls so much harder off the line and the burbles are there! And I must say the jerkyness at low rpm's are gone. Very smooth to cruise in town in sport mode.
Appreciate 2
      07-08-2020, 03:05 PM   #2
bquatt
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 330xi m-sport

Does it help reduce the power drop off at higher RPMs? How about the rolling acceleration, say a highway pass?
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2020, 03:43 PM   #3
Punkwrock
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bquatt View Post
Does it help reduce the power drop off at higher RPMs? How about the rolling acceleration, say a highway pass?
The launch in the first few gears is much harder. You definitely feel the power difference. exhaust sound is day and night as well. as for Highway I haven't really played with it much yet....but I seemed to go from 100 to 130km/h quite a bit faster than on stock. I will put out a better review of it all after a few days of driving.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2020, 11:17 PM   #4
pneumodoc
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G20, G01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punkwrock View Post
The launch in the first few gears is much harder. You definitely feel the power difference. exhaust sound is day and night as well. as for Highway I haven't really played with it much yet....but I seemed to go from 100 to 130km/h quite a bit faster than on stock. I will put out a better review of it all after a few days of driving.
So you bought your license and they flashed it remotely for you? What was the process for them to figure out your car could be flashed?
Appreciate 1
      07-09-2020, 01:25 AM   #5
Punkwrock
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pneumodoc View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punkwrock View Post
So you bought your license and they flashed it remotely for you? What was the process for them to figure out your car could be flashed?
they checked my DIM version. I tried to do it myself at first but my ECU kept kicking me off every 4 seconds. they then offered to do it remotely through my PC and said there really shouldn't be any issues with my dim version. what we did is that he made me keep the car running while we registered the liscence which kept the ECU from kicking me off. Once the product was registered I didn't seem to have any issues. he said that he had seen this happen a few times before where the ECU was always kicking someone off.., honestly he was going so damn fast from screen to screen and clicked a few settings on my PC I didn't even have time to notice what he did a few times. all I can say is that he knew his stuff by the way he navigated so quickly. flash went without a hitch and I flashed back and forth a few times myself with no issues. They were Incredibly helpful with all my questions....top notch service which I appreciate a lot
Appreciate 1
      07-14-2020, 10:59 AM   #6
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0