E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > E90 LCI - FRM, light and window issues

07-17-2020, 08:36 PM   #1
magsmagsmags
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F10 M5 LCI

Angry E90 LCI - FRM, light and window issues

Hey,

Firstly, apologies, this is going to be a long post - but want to make sure i don't miss some key context that might help someone identify any solutions to my issues.

I recently bought a 2010 E90 LCI 318d. It was purchased with a faulty FRM module. As is common with this, when purchased the front windows didn't work, the lights defaulted to on, no indicator functionality and no communication via OBD with inpa etc.

I had the FRM repaired (corrupted software) - That issue is now resolved, communication via OBD working, lights can be controlled properly but still issues persist.

So one at a time, the issues are...

1. Front windows don't work. Neither the driver or passenger side switch function. I tried initialising them on INPA, but get an error "Windows Taught, jam protection" (or very similar) - Not tried to troubleshoot further

2. Still have numerous bulb out warnings - I either have a wiring issue, or genuinely lots of bulbs out. There is at least one out on every circuit e.g. one low beam on driver side, one high beam on passenger side, one indicator blah blah blah. I am replacing bulbs tomorrow, hopefully, so i can see if the issue persists

3. Indicators flashing fast. This is either due to actual bulbs being out, or i suspect the counter in the defect counter reaching the threshhold. I reset all of them in Tool32 succesfully (they reset to 0). I get no errors initially then as soon as i attempt to use my lights they come back. I am hoping as per 2, this is the bulbs.

4. Passenger side rear light has no functionality, at all. Slightly more concerned with this one - nothing from the whole light. What's even more strange is prior to the FRM repair when the lights all default to on for safety reason, this was working. The same was true for my low beams, now only one is functioning. Baffled by this one.

5. PDC not working. None of the sensors are ticking. Which suggests its unlikely to be all 4 sensors, but i have no error message for the PDC modules on INPA.

If anyone has any advice to help me narrow this down, fuses to try, common wire breaks to check for etc etc. that would be grand

Thank you
Appreciate 0