E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Our '07 e92 335's are worth like $3k more now......sweet

09-27-2008, 09:06 AM   #1
Topless///M
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e92 335i 6mt, 94 probe gt

Our '07 e92 335's are worth like $3k more now......sweet

I was just checking out bmwusa.com and the '09 335 coupes are like $3000 more for the exact same car packages/options. No longer $40600 base, now $42000. Prem now $2650 from 2450, Sports now $1550 from 1000. Prem Sound no longer standard, now $875 more. Destination charge more, metallic paint more. Only improvement might be the newer idrive......

So our used cars might not be as low as you think....plus we have v80/pre29.2
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2008, 09:18 AM   #2
RMA
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i M sport coupe

Garage List
I would have to agree with you on that even though new high line car sales are down.
      09-27-2008, 09:29 AM   #3
oldaccount
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topless///M View Post
So I just ran a search on what v80/29.2 were. Apparently I dont visit the Turbo/Tuning section often enough, as I had never heard of these issues.

I assume Ive probably been updated to 29.2. Is there any way to convert back to 28.whatever? Seems unikely, but I figured id ask.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2008, 09:30 AM   #4
roho3323
The Professor
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M6, BMW M240i, BMW 750i

this will benefit resale if your 335i is "loaded" with options.

2010 BMW M6
2007 BMW 335i,2012 Audi S4-retired
2016 BMW 750i M-Sport
2015 BMW M235i-retired, 2022 M240i
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2008, 09:42 AM   #5
Topless///M
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suareezay View Post
So I just ran a search on what v80/29.2 were. Apparently I dont visit the Turbo/Tuning section often enough, as I had never heard of these issues.

I assume Ive probably been updated to 29.2. Is there any way to convert back to 28.whatever? Seems unikely, but I figured id ask.

You would notice the lag and louder exhaust from what I've heard if you have v29.2+, but I don't believe there is a way to go back unless you have a previous version flashed like Dinan or if Shark edit ever comes out. Check the dealer paperwork they should list it on there if they did an update.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2008, 10:12 AM   #6
cn555ic
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

It would benefit the resale value of course, but the way the economy is going downhill, the money we gained because the value of the car went up, we will pay with everything else like gas, milk, insurance....The way the economy is, it better pick up or else we are all in trouble
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2008, 10:43 AM   #7
AdamJ
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Used car prices are not going to jump $3k overnight. I doubt you see any change in resale value at all in fact.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2008, 11:06 AM   #8
ALPINE6SPD
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 328i Sport

Quote:
I was just checking out bmwusa.com and the '09 335 coupes are like $3000 more for the exact same car packages/options. No longer $40600 base, now $42000. Prem now $2650 from 2450, Sports now $1550 from 1000. Prem Sound no longer standard, now $875 more. Destination charge more, metallic paint more. Only improvement might be the newer idrive......

The premium package, automatic, metallic paint and destination are the same price in 09 as in 08. After June 1st BMW had a price increase in those options as well as in the base price so the difference is not as much as your saying.
Regardless it will not make resale on the older ones any different. The pre 08 will all be going down because of the new 09 model and even more so because of the changes in the way the car looks and the electronics. I know most people may not notice the changes but that hurts resale as well as the 09 just coming in.

I just do get why people will not sell the cars on their own. When people get a trade in value they bitch and moan and say my cars worth 4-5k more. If that is the case then you should charge 3-4k more than trade in and you will have NO PROBLEM selling it on your own if that is the case. I am not talking about you personally but just making a general point.

EVERYONE should sell their car on their own because no matter what the dealer trade in vale is its NEVER enough to them. It is a pain in the ass to sell on your own but you have to look at like this. If you sell your car for 4-5k more than trade you have made $4,000-5,000 MORE. How long would you have to work to make 4-5k? A shit load of hours right? Way more in most casses than the ture total of hours it takes to sell your car on your own.

That is why I cant understand anyone trading in a car unless they have money to burn or the car is not worth as much and the person thinks when they want to trade it in. The latter true in is 99.9% of the cases. Everyone car is worth a lot in trade until they want to buy the same car from someone and that person is "aking too much". I sell BMW's and see this just about everyday. People wont trade in the car because it is not worth what the "think" its worth. They then try on thier own and 2 months later it is still for sale which mens it was worth as much as the dealership offered you form the begining. Just making a point for people who get annoyed at trade in values because their car really is not worth what they think it is.
2008 AW X3 3.0si: 6 speed Returned
2006 AW e90 330i: 6 speed Dinan Stage 1 Returned
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2008, 11:52 AM   #9
canucklion
pull my finger to get your kinder® surprise
Canada
Rep
Drives: circles around you

everyone thinks their shit is hot shit
it's a $3000 increase for MY2009; it doesn't translate to an additional $3000 that people are willing to pay for your USED 2-year old car

Quote:

09-27-2008, 11:54 AM   #10
ArmyBimmerDude
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Lola

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by canucklion View Post
it's a $3000 increase for MY2009; it doesn't translate to an additional $3000 that people are willing to pay for your USED 2-year old car
Are you always going to be a hater? Enjoy your 330.

I do agree however that this thread makes no sense at all.
      09-27-2008, 12:17 PM   #11
GeauxChadE90
Private
Rep
Drives: 2006 Black/Terra 325i Sport

It's a stunt by BMW because of the economic contraction in the US. Obviously, with a contracting economy, people are buying less because of uncertainty about the market. BMW is going to sell less cars. To make up for production costs, they will increase prices...but the thing is that production costs never really rise.

So to entice people to buy more cars, the retail price goes up, but dealer invoices will remain about the same. Thus, with dealerships making 90% of their revenue off service, not sales, the will be practically giving the cars away for cost, making consumers think that they are getting a "great deal." In turn, the dealers have a larger volume of cars coming through their service bays, which is where they make their real money.

This is all aside from BMWs having the best residual values on the market. For anyone unfamiliar with the concept, its the percentage of the original price retained after a period of time, usually taken into account for leasing. So if they increase the retail price, and the residual values remain the same, then the resale values for the cars will be higher. The dealer can then kick in the CPO option when reselling a car coming off of lease and, with cars that are more desirable because of higher residual values, continue to pull revenues from the service they perform.

I have three good friends that work at my local BMW dealership. One in sales, one is a service advisor and the other is a head tech in the back. We have had this conversation many times. It won't increase the value of your car, because that is based on the desireability of the car to the average consumer, who is more than likely not familiar with the technical aspects in regards to the differences in model year. KBB and other agencies will still evaluate the cost differently.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2008, 01:09 PM   #12
Topless///M
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALPINE6SPD View Post
The premium package, automatic, metallic paint and destination are the same price in 09 as in 08. After June 1st BMW had a price increase in those options as well as in the base price so the difference is not as much as your saying.
Regardless it will not make resale on the older ones any different. The pre 08 will all be going down because of the new 09 model and even more so because of the changes in the way the car looks and the electronics. I know most people may not notice the changes but that hurts resale as well as the 09 just coming in.

I just do get why people will not sell the cars on their own. When people get a trade in value they bitch and moan and say my cars worth 4-5k more. If that is the case then you should charge 3-4k more than trade in and you will have NO PROBLEM selling it on your own if that is the case. I am not talking about you personally but just making a general point.

EVERYONE should sell their car on their own because no matter what the dealer trade in vale is its NEVER enough to them. It is a pain in the ass to sell on your own but you have to look at like this. If you sell your car for 4-5k more than trade you have made $4,000-5,000 MORE. How long would you have to work to make 4-5k? A shit load of hours right? Way more in most casses than the ture total of hours it takes to sell your car on your own.

That is why I cant understand anyone trading in a car unless they have money to burn or the car is not worth as much and the person thinks when they want to trade it in. The latter true in is 99.9% of the cases. Everyone car is worth a lot in trade until they want to buy the same car from someone and that person is "aking too much". I sell BMW's and see this just about everyday. People wont trade in the car because it is not worth what the "think" its worth. They then try on thier own and 2 months later it is still for sale which mens it was worth as much as the dealership offered you form the begining. Just making a point for people who get annoyed at trade in values because their car really is not worth what they think it is.
07 prices are accurate, $3k figure is right....and I personally sell privately and saved about $8k on one sale using autotrader.

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucklion View Post

Wow.....just stating what our cars are going for currently. So you have to pay $3000 more for the SAME CAR which will help the resale of our cars. I didn't say people would pay 3k more. I said they are worth LIKE 3K more when you look at the current prices. Take my info for what is.....information. Knowledge is power. Now I know why people are reluctant to post useful knowledge on the boards....u get knocked down. If you want your car to be worth less go head list it for less. I know if anything these current prices will help our resale, not hurt them.
Appreciate 0