F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > F30/F32/F33 Classifieds (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor and Seller Review/Feedback Forum > Buyer Beware: OEMConcept
Studio RSR

10-05-2020, 12:59 PM   #1
pdxdbo
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G20 330i xDrive M-Sport

Garage List
Buyer Beware: OEMConcept

A quick heads up for those considering business with OEMConcept aka Anthony Pitoscia

I recently received a set of 763 reps from OEMConcept and wanted to share my purchase experience which was less than ideal. To be clear, I received the wheels I ordered and they look great. However, they ended up costing me $100 more than I was quoted and the communications and evasion I encountered make it seem intentional.

I reached out in early August and was told the wheels were on back order and it would be a couple weeks before they came in. I asked for the cost to purchase and have them shipped to my zipcode and was quoted "I can get you the set of 19's for $829usd shipped!", a 20% portion of which I needed to pay upfront to secure my set.

A month later (about twice as long as I was initially told but not a deal breaker) I received an email from them that the wheels were in and would be shipped out soon and I was pretty excited for them to arrive.

My excitement was tempered quite a bit when the UPS guy showed up at my door and demanded $105.35 in fees to complete delivery of the wheels. I didn't understand why I would need to pay that, and the first delivery driver was clueless so I immediately reached out to OEMConcept but my email was ignored.

The next day UPS shows up again and this driver is able to articulate the situation, that the wheels are from Canada and customs fees are due. This was a complete surprise and I reached out to OEMConcept again and was again ignored. An interesting wrinkle here is that UPS only accepts 2 forms of payment to a driver: cashiers check and money order. Another day without a response from OEMConcept so I go get a cashier's check and take receipt of the wheels, this was on 9/23.

OEMConcept never bothered replying to my inquiries until yesterday, after I filed a Paypal dispute for the additional fees lacking any other option. Suddenly, Anthony has the time to reply and has a detailed explanation of the situation. Plenty of details that were omitted during the purchase process. Where was this explanation when I ordered the wheels or when I inquired why UPS was at my door asking for an extra hundred bucks?

Then he went on to state that he would tell this to Paypal who would rule in his favor because this is how it is and if I was smart I would drop my claim since it will be ruled against me, and that will count against me, and possibly place my Paypal account in jeopardy. I replied that I'll be pursuing the dispute with Paypal and that I would share with them his attempt to coerce me into dropping the dispute.

This whole thing could've been avoided with some forthrightness about how much the order would cost and better communications by OEMConcept.

In summation: the wheels are nice, the business is shady. If you purchase from them expect an extra +$100 in fees when the delivery person shows up at your door. Fees that they go to great lengths to avoid disclosing until after you complain to Paypal.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2020, 01:15 PM   #2
f30b58pwr
Private
Rep
Drives: 16' 340i, 18' M3

Wheels might be good for now, but at the end for the day they are low quality reps made in China :/. They do look good!

I would definitely NOT dropped/close the PayPal case, pursue them and make them liable. These fees I believe can be paid upfront by the shipper (which they clearly didn't do). Secondly, they know VERY WELL customers have been getting charged these fees but yet purposely leave it out the quote so they can give you a "competitive price upfront" only to be slammed with these import fees upon delivery.

I am quite certain you will will the claim!
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2020, 03:07 PM   #3
pdxdbo
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by f30b58pwr View Post
Wheels might be good for now, but at the end for the day they are low quality reps made in China :/. They do look good!

I would definitely NOT dropped/close the PayPal case, pursue them and make them liable. These fees I believe can be paid upfront by the shipper (which they clearly didn't do). Secondly, they know VERY WELL customers have been getting charged these fees but yet purposely leave it out the quote so they can give you a "competitive price upfront" only to be slammed with these import fees upon delivery.

I am quite certain you will will the claim!
Yea, I knew what I was getting in terms of quality when buying reps I just wanted to be clear that my issue with them was not with the product I received.

I definitely will not be withdrawing my dispute, I'll see it through to resolution.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2020, 11:30 PM   #4
chowser51
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F33 430 and F39 M35i

Garage List
This started in ‘19? I needed one wheel and got hit for import tax. It was $60! When i bought four wheels in ‘18, no import tax.

Every thread on oemconcept after that asking about wheels i commented that people should factor in import tax since he’s in canada. But i think they’re no longer selling on here?

I ended up selling my oem reps and went smaller since my kid kept curbing wheels.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2020, 01:01 PM   #5
Bowenpuref3p
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F30 335i

Same thing happened to me but I never thought of opening a paypal dispute. Let us know how it goes with paypal.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2020, 05:57 PM   #6
pdxdbo
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
For those following along at home: my Paypal claim was denied.

You essentially have two choices for a type of dispute: item different than expected or item not delivered. I went with the former and outlined that the shipper short paid the shipping when I clearly negotiated a shipped price. I was asked to provide proof which I did in the form of my PMs here and receipt for the amount paid to UPS. The claim denial said I didn't prove the item was different, not really addressing the crux of my claim. It's likely some of these evaluations are automated? I guess if you're looking for a way to get over on people via Paypal this is a loophole.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2020, 09:06 AM   #7
BMWILUVU
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 340ix

If you order international, you need to be aware of the possibility of customs charges.
Appreciate 1
exE36M3486.00
      10-29-2020, 09:09 AM   #8
pdxdbo
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWILUVU View Post
If you order international, you need to be aware of the possibility of customs charges.
I was never made aware that I was ordering international. The seller intentionally concealed that fact.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2020, 07:42 PM   #9
chowser51
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F33 430 and F39 M35i

Garage List
Yeah, he doesn't tell you he's shipping from Canada. I found out the hard way when I needed one wheel. In most of his sales post, I usually commented that be prepared for import charges.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2020, 04:50 PM   #10
BMWILUVU
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 340ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxdbo View Post
I was never made aware that I was ordering international. The seller intentionally concealed that fact.
Not cool. Sorry you learned about customs charges the hard way.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2020, 02:27 PM   #11
exE36M3
BMW CCA Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i M Sport

Yeah, it's just bad salesmanship overall...

Plus customs can *sometimes* be nothing and other times, the full whack.
It's oddly not consistent.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2021, 02:12 AM   #12
RMachuca3d
Captain
Rep
Drives: F30 328i Msport

Garage List
It also depends on the shipment company, I suffered the reverse of your case when i was living in montreal, anything shipped with ups from the US to Canada you could expect a hefty customs bill, with others (fedex\usps etc) it was very very rare.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2022, 06:31 PM   #13
n55david
Check out my Youtube @n55david!
Rep
Drives: 2017 m240i, 2015 X3 x35i

Garage List
2017 m240i xDrive  [0.00]
2015 X3 x35i  [0.00]
2015 335i xdrive  [0.00]
Just wanted to bump this as my feedback on them a while back was well.. he's a paid vendor so it was sort of surpressed.

Had an extremely bad experience with them and had to file a claim with PayPal which I won without issue. Same sort of tactics and a whoa is me story about how I locked his PayPal account because of the fund reversal etc.

Complete bs
IG: @n55david For pics and updates!
Youtube: @ n55david For videos or Racing etc
Appreciate 0