BMW 2-Series Gran Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe Forum (F44) BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe (F44) General Discussion

10-18-2020, 11:37 AM   #1
wjmb
Rep
Drives: F30 320i, G05 x40i, T-X

Service Loaner M235i?

So, after the unplanned demise of my F30, I'm shopping for a small sedan. Like many folks, I was skeptical of the new F44 until I drove them yesterday. The size is exactly what I need, already have an X5 in the garage.

Dealer has a '21 M235i in storm bay as a service loaner. Only has about 400 miles on it, but I just envision the Ferris Bueller's Day Off scene for everyone that touches it... are there legitimate concerns with engine break in issues there? I know mileage is factored once they can legally sell it, but what % under sticker should I shoot for with one of these deals?
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2020, 04:26 AM   #2
cbat2aus
Rep
Drives: 2015 118d

Should still come with a 3 year warranty. If you get a good deal push it to 5 and forget about it. I’d be less concerned about the engine and more about the cosmetic blemishes other loaners have left behind.

Assuming you’re in the US? Here in Australia we consider that a demo and automatically knock off 10% from RRP for it being used, then whatever you can negotiate further.
Appreciate 0