BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

11-27-2020, 07:18 PM   #1
smthomas77
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 M40i

My wife had our new X3 M40i out for the first time by herself today shopping. She ended up calling a couple hours later and said the driver side door would not shut. I had to drive to her location and sure enough the door latch would not open no matter what buttons I pushed (remote, car door, etc). The lock indicator on the door sill would go up and down, but the latch stayed closed in the door jamb. I turned the car on (which my wife said she tried too) and the latch opened. I had the door pulled closed as much as I could while I did this and the display didn't indicate the door was open even though it was not latched. Everything seems fine after that, but oddly the HUD was on after this. I had it off and my wife said she did't touch that control and noticed it was on after I got the door fixed.

I have no idea what sequence of events could have led to the door latch getting stuck. Anyone have any idea what happened to cause this and why turning the car back on was the only way to correct it?

I was actually going to use Bimmercode to make some changes for the first time yesterday...glad I didn't yet. I would have been paranoid something with that caused the issue. Now I think I will hold off on any coding for awhile to make sure there are no issues. I don't want the dealer accusing me of causing an issue if they figure out I coded.

Thanks.