BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

12-18-2020, 04:42 AM   #1
M-Enthusiast
Private
Germany
Rep
Drives: 320d M (G20) M4 Comp RWD (G82)

Ordered my BMW M4 Competition (March 2021 delivery)

Hi everyone,

So excited as I ordered my G82 yesterday for an expected March 2021 delivery date in Germany (possibly 15 March 2021). The car was already dealer-ordered but could be re-configured to fit my needs.

BMW M4 Competition
Alpine White Uni / Leather Merino black

Additional features:

19"/20" 826M Black
M Compound Brakes Black
BMW Individual Shadow Line Lights
Carbon Fibre Interior
Tinted windows
Seat ventilation
Harman Kardon Surround Sound
M Drivers Package
Innovation Package

List-Price Total: 100.110,94 Euro incl. 16% Tax

General thoughts I had:

I absolutely wanted to have the xDrive version, but instead to help my excitment decided to go for the earliest delivery date (March 2021) and the RWD. My workaround was going for a short-term leasing 24 months with the possibility to change cars after 21 months and then go for the xDrive. Or I am perfectly fine with the RWD and may extend the leasing contract. It is a more expensive thing to go early but still very happy with the competitive leasing contract I was offered at my dealership. Also I do not expect dramatic lease-rate changes in the next 6 - 8 months and simply wanted to breeze through the 2021 summer with my new ride

I also wanted to have the Carbon Bucket Seats but I was sitting in those seats at BMW Welt Munich and decided against it as they are not "wide enough" for my "stronger thighs" as former tennis and basketball player. I am 6´1" and normally built, not overweight but simply for longer drives I felt it is more safe to go with the classic seats. But do not get me wrong those seats are awesome and I would recommend everyone to take a look and may sit in first to decide.

I also wanted to have the Carbon Brakes but also decided against it as I think for my good weather or weekend driving with no track aspirations I am perfectly fine with the compound brakes. My dealer thought the same that going for the compound brakes is perfectly fine.

The Carbon exterieur was also in my thoughts but mostly because of the front. I will look for after-market solutions or stay with the standard here.

What are you guys thinking about RWD vs. AWD?

What are you guys thinking about the Carbon Features (Seats, Brakes, Exterior)?

Thanks!

Garfunkel
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Scorp!on1510.00
      12-18-2020, 08:37 AM   #2
M3AWD
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 M3 AWD

Congratulations!

Good call on going short term lease with RWD so you can enjoy your car in the spring and summer, and then by March 2023 you can switch to an AWD like you said. Also in 2023 you have an option to go with a G80 M3 AWD because it'll have the LCI tail lights.

I'm going for the AWD G80 as I want the car to put down the power from a launch. I'm interested in quick acceleration off a light and still be able to drive an engaging ///M that's capable of putting a smile on my face in all types of driving. I see this G80 as a transition to electrification for me so I don't mind that it's not a pure RWD ///M with a 6-speed manual. I've had my share of those in the past. Waiting also gives me the chance to see a few colors & wheel setups in person before I finalize my order.

2022 G80 M3 Comp M xDrive
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2020, 12:16 PM   #3
M-Enthusiast
Private
Germany
Rep
Drives: 320d M (G20) M4 Comp RWD (G82)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-SP0RT View Post
Congratulations!

Good call on going short term lease with RWD so you can enjoy your car in the spring and summer, and then by March 2023 you can switch to an AWD like you said. Also in 2023 you have an option to go with a G80 M3 AWD because it'll have the LCI tail lights.

I'm going for the AWD G80 as I want the car to put down the power from a launch. I'm interested in quick acceleration off a light and still be able to drive an engaging ///M that's capable of putting a smile on my face in all types of driving. I see this G80 as a transition to electrification for me so I don't mind that it's not a pure RWD ///M with a 6-speed manual. I've had my share of those in the past. Waiting also gives me the chance to see a few colors & wheel setups in person before I finalize my order.
Thank you!!

Could understand based on your previous M3 RWD experience you are waiting for the AWD version for some change and other experience.

One of the german magazines "auto motor sport" did test drive the RWD G82 and they came away very impressed with the traction compared to the previous RWD F82. They also mentioned the AWD probably comes one generation to late with this new traction ability of the G82. So really looking forward to the car and more news in 2021 about RWD and AWD, reviews and so on...

Article Extract auto motor sport - July 2020:

Überhaupt: die Auswahl. Für die ersten Testrunden steht sozusagen der Einstiegs-Antrieb bereit, 480 PS, Sechsgang-Handschaltgetriebe. Zum Marktstart kommt zeitgleich die Competition-Variante mit 510 PS und Achtgang-Automatikgetriebe, später folgt noch ein Allradantrieb nach dem Strickmuster von M5/M8 – der womöglich eine Generation zu spät kommt. Denn der mechanische Grip fällt so schon viel höher aus als bislang, dazu kommt noch eine Stabilitätskontrolle mit deutlich verbesserter Regelgüte, selbst im Vollschutz-Modus.

https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/...ch-vorgaenger/
Appreciate 2
M3AWD3181.50
      07-15-2021, 02:45 PM   #4
Jolitaula
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW m3

I'm about to order an m4, and I’m excited about it. Even though I had a lot of bad experiences with ordering in the past. I once had a package that was supposed to arrive in 30 days, but it actually came in 9 months. Another incident happened when my old tracking application kept on showing me that the order will arrive in 3 days for two months while my package was stuck in the “transit zone.” Anyways, I eventually found aliexpress track order application, and it is the first tracking system that actually works properly. Ever since I started to use it, everything became less complicated since I’m always aware of my package.

Last edited by Jolitaula; 07-27-2021 at 03:36 AM..
Appreciate 0