BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modifications > Interior Trim: Matching Carbon Leather or using Matte/Gloss CF

01-19-2021, 06:05 AM   #1
carchrism5
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2, X3 M40i, 911

Interior Trim: Matching Carbon Leather or using Matte/Gloss CF

I am looking to do some interior trim upgrades as well as considering a steering wheel. The carbon leather style trim on the M2 is nice, definitely different and a cool texture but I'm finding it incredibly difficult to match pieces to it. I know BMW sells the DCT/Handbrake upgrade but that is only some of what I'd want and not to mention the $500+ price tag seems a little high to me.

What I'm curious of is if people have replaced the carbon leather with CF trim or if they are doing CF in addition (like a steering wheel/DCT shifter) and how it looks. I haven't found an aftermarket vendor that sells anything matching, it is mostly glossy CF or very few select parts in matte.

Anyone with pictures would be greatly appreciated or links to a vendor that may match.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2021, 04:51 AM   #2
carchrism5
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2, X3 M40i, 911

In more research I did come across this company that seems to offer a matching weave
https://www.bimmermasterpieces.com/
Appreciate 1
      01-22-2021, 03:01 PM   #3
McGary911
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB M2 DCT

The prices for the real BMW parts are kind of pricy, but you're assured a perfect match.

The stuff from BimmerMasterpieces isn't cheap either. Keep in mind those prices are in Euros.

I got the DCT\Brake trim for $438.74
I did the steering wheel trim for $303.46
I topped all that off with the M-Sport steering wheel I found for $710.

I did have to dig around a little on the internet and those were pretty good prices at the time. The money saved was worth the digging.
Appreciate 0