skream
Private
Rep
Drives: '12 AW MT M3

Garage List
2012 M3  [0.00]
2018 M2  [0.00]
BC Racing Coilovers

Has anyone had any long-term experience with the BC Racing coilovers for the M2? At less than $1k, they seem like a total bargain given the adjustability as well as the fact that these already have camber plates. I've read some good things, but some people feel that their price point is a reflection of their quality or longevity. Would love to hear some thoughts if you have them!

https://coiloverdepot.com/products/1...caAhVxEALw_wcB
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2021, 07:22 PM   #2
alpineogm2
Private
Rep
Drives: '18 bmw m2, '91 318is, '03 e46

first of all BC does multiple different level of coilovers, BR, digressive, exterior reservoirs etc. the people saying bc coilovers are good or ride well usually dont have an actual performance car like the M2 that went through extensive testing. the only benefits of bc coilovers on an m2 would be adjustable ride height and camber plates, performance and road comfort will be worse. You wont need camber plates unless you want to stance your car, or do aggressive driving.
bimmerworld has bilstein PSS10 for a very good price right now, otherwise kw v3's are also available (these are probably the quality coilovers than can go the lowest) if that is something you are looking for while still having a quality ride.
i hope this helps !
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2021, 08:41 PM   #3
skream
Private
Rep

Garage List
2012 M3  [0.00]
2018 M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpineogm2 View Post
first of all BC does multiple different level of coilovers, BR, digressive, exterior reservoirs etc. the people saying bc coilovers are good or ride well usually dont have an actual performance car like the M2 that went through extensive testing. the only benefits of bc coilovers on an m2 would be adjustable ride height and camber plates, performance and road comfort will be worse. You wont need camber plates unless you want to stance your car, or do aggressive driving.
bimmerworld has bilstein PSS10 for a very good price right now, otherwise kw v3's are also available (these are probably the quality coilovers than can go the lowest) if that is something you are looking for while still having a quality ride.
i hope this helps !
Thanks for the info! This is very helpful. I want the camber plates because I'm planning to run a 275 tire up front with almost no wheel gap, so some negative camber might be necessary. But I'll definitely have to look into the Bilstein set you mentioned. Thanks again!
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2021, 10:55 PM   #4
alpineogm2
Private
Rep
Drives: '18 bmw m2, '91 318is, '03 e46

Quote:
Originally Posted by skream View Post
Thanks for the info! This is very helpful. I want the camber plates because I'm planning to run a 275 tire up front with almost no wheel gap, so some negative camber might be necessary. But I'll definitely have to look into the Bilstein set you mentioned. Thanks again!
you're welcome ! yes you will need camber and it really helps turn in and tire wear on cornering. you might also need spacers to clear strut with that width tire up front depending on wheel size and offset.
for camber plates sadly most coilovers for f87 dont come with them, Ground control makes some, so does millway. be care full i believe ground control ones dont fit on 100% of coilovers for these cars.
Appreciate 1
skream278.00
      02-16-2021, 01:45 PM   #5
TheJellyo
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 330i xDrive

I have had them for a while now. No complaints. Would recommend the swift spring upgrade though.

I find they ride better than the stock suspension.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2021, 09:56 PM   #6
skream
Private
Rep

Garage List
2012 M3  [0.00]
2018 M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJellyo View Post
I have had them for a while now. No complaints. Would recommend the swift spring upgrade though.

I find they ride better than the stock suspension.
Thank you! I'm glad they're working out for you. I actually went with the Bilstein PSS10's and Millway camber plates. Should be installed next week. I plan to track the car so I figured I'd do it once and do it "right."
Appreciate 0