BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

02-11-2021, 08:38 PM   #1
rgill95
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

How long does it take to get my car?

Hi guys, so I'm currently in a F80 lease slated to end this March. I've never ordered a car from BMW but my dealer says he has an allocation for a March production. I have a couple questions. What's the timeline like on production. And can you negotiate pricing on an allocation?
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2021, 09:06 PM   #2
M3AWD
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 M3 AWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgill95 View Post
Hi guys, so I'm currently in a F80 lease slated to end this March. I've never ordered a car from BMW but my dealer says he has an allocation for a March production. I have a couple questions. What's the timeline like on production. And can you negotiate pricing on an allocation?
I think 8 weeks is a reasonable timeline after start of production. Some membere paid MSRP and some got up to 6% off. It depends on several factors such as your location & demand in your area, your relationship with the dealer, and your negotiation skills!

2022 G80 M3 Comp M xDrive
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2021, 09:12 PM   #3
Kansr
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BSM M8

I placed my order on 08Jan, dispatched from factory 09Feb.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2021, 09:27 PM   #4
rgill95
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-SP0RT View Post
Quote:
I think 8 weeks is a reasonable timeline after start of production. Some membere paid MSRP and some got up to 6% off. It depends on several factors such as your location & demand in your area, your relationship with the dealer, and your negotiation skills!
Okay thanks! And if I'm not big on a particular build or color do you believe it would be more logical for some to show up on dealership lots for better deal?
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2021, 09:28 PM   #5
rgill95
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kansr View Post
I placed my order on 08Jan, dispatched from factory 09Feb.
Awesome! Do you mind sharing your build? And if you were able to get anything off msrp.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2021, 09:40 PM   #6
M3AWD
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 M3 AWD

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-SP0RT View Post
Quote:
Okay thanks! And if I'm not big on a particular build or color do you believe it would be more logical for some to show up on dealership lots for better deal?
If you're willing to wait a few months then yes you'll find better deals. I'm thinking when AWD is released there's an opportunity to get better deals on the RWD models. Since your lease expires soon you may not have that option though.

2022 G80 M3 Comp M xDrive
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2021, 09:52 PM   #7
CanesM4
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 24 Twilight Purple/Ivory

Quote:
You can get just as good of a deal when ordering one as you can on one that is sitting on the lot. I just ordered mine and ended up getting a little over 9% off of msrp which was $7,000. Most dealerships will negotiate. If you've got two dealerships within close proximity to one another, even better. Just keep going back and forth until you get the best deal. Never pay MSRP.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2021, 07:25 PM   #8
rgill95
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanesM4 View Post
Quote:
You can get just as good of a deal when ordering one as you can on one that is sitting on the lot. I just ordered mine and ended up getting a little over 9% off of msrp which was $7,000. Most dealerships will negotiate. If you've got two dealerships within close proximity to one another, even better. Just keep going back and forth until you get the best deal. Never pay MSRP.
Just spoke with dealer and he said they aren't offering anything off of msrp. Anyone know a god dealer in California lol
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2021, 07:36 PM   #9
CklSpeciale
Private
Rep
Drives: bmw M4

I think many people in this forum are getting 6% discount, but given all the dealers I reached out to in CA, many of them are charging mark-ups. One even asked for 10k. It is unbelievable. Can't say I am not jealous about 7k discount but anyway personally I am happy that I secured an allocation with MSRP and some incentives.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2021, 09:09 PM   #10
Nkr15
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CklSpeciale View Post
I think many people in this forum are getting 6% discount, but given all the dealers I reached out to in CA, many of them are charging mark-ups. One even asked for 10k. It is unbelievable. Can't say I am not jealous about 7k discount but anyway personally I am happy that I secured an allocation with MSRP and some incentives.
Who asked 10k markup? It's hard to believe even in the middle of nowhere they are giving a $7,000 discount and there are others asking $10,000 over. Toyota Tacoma TRD PRO and Civic Type R are all marked up across the country.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2021, 11:12 PM   #11
Kansr
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Awesome! Do you mind sharing your build? And if you were able to get anything off msrp.
My build linked below. I don’t think you’ll get much off sticker the consensus around here is at most 7%, for those with some kind of loyalty or ability to negotiate down. There’s a lot of demand so if you can get anything off and allocation, I’d say take it (if you are really determined)

https://g80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...3&postcount=12
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2021, 11:14 PM   #12
Kansr
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CklSpeciale View Post
My sales guy said something similar about a mark-up especially for places with few allocations. We live in a supply-demand economy after all.
Appreciate 0