BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Alignment spec M2 LCI vs M2 CS?

02-22-2021, 02:37 AM   #1
H20neun
Private
Germany
Rep
Drives: M2 LCI

Alignment spec M2 LCI vs M2 CS?

recently I installed camber plates and KW HAS on my M2 LCI and since the suspension has settled now I plan to do an alignment, I was wondering if the official BMW recommended alignment spec for the M2 CS is different to the other M2 models, if yes I would take the M2 CS alignment as a starting point

anyone has information about that?
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2021, 03:51 AM   #2
KHAP13
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by H20neun View Post
recently I installed camber plates and KW HAS on my M2 LCI and since the suspension has settled now I plan to do an alignment, I was wondering if the official BMW recommended alignment spec for the M2 CS is different to the other M2 models, if yes I would take the M2 CS alignment as a starting point

This article talks a little about the camber on the M2 CS. Not sure if the Toe has changed or if this is different compared to M2/M2C. They claim "M2 CS: camber front axle –1.8 degrees; rear axle –1.4 degrees"

https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/...-m2-cs-racing/

Assuming you're in Germany, give Manthey Racing / Raeder Motorsports a call at the Nürburgring. They have very reasonable rates for for alignments and can help you with your goals, dial in ride height, corner balance, toe, etc... and they probably know all of the M2CS specs if that is what you desire.

If you intend on frequent track use I would consider more neg camber than the stock M2CS has because after a day at Hockehnheimring the outside fronts of the Cup2s were toast on the stock M2CS camber.
Appreciate 2
M2C_PLUS1774.00
H20neun114.00
      02-22-2021, 04:52 AM   #3
M2C_PLUS
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M

Garage List
2020 BMW M2 Comp  [0.00]
2020 BMW X3M Comp  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by KHAP13 View Post
Quote:

This article talks a little about the camber on the M2 CS. Not sure if the Toe has changed or if this is different compared to M2/M2C. They claim "M2 CS: camber front axle –1.8 degrees; rear axle –1.4 degrees"

Assuming you're in Germany, give Manthey Racing / Raeder Motorsports a call at the Nürburgring. They have very reasonable rates for for alignments and can help you with your goals, dial in ride height, corner balance, toe, etc... and they probably know all of the M2CS specs if that is what you desire.

If you intend on frequent track use I would consider more neg camber than the stock M2CS has because after a day at Hockehnheimring the outside fronts of the Cup2s were toast on the stock M2CS camber.
Great advice, Cup2's need at least 2.2 upfront.

It is assumed that the CS is running camber correction hubs to achieve the 1.8 camber at stock height.

I run camber correction hubs and that is what camber you get a stock height. Once lowered camber went to 2.2neg.
Appreciate 2
H20neun114.00
KHAP1364.00
      02-24-2021, 10:19 AM   #4
gsrbri
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F87 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2C_PLUS View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KHAP13 View Post
Quote:

Great advice, Cup2's need at least 2.2 upfront.

It is assumed that the CS is running camber correction hubs to achieve the 1.8 camber at stock height.

I run camber correction hubs and that is what camber you get a stock height. Once lowered camber went to 2.2neg.
Just be mindful of the fact that neg camber increase due to lower ride height (suspension travel ride height vs. static ride height set on the damper collar) will be dynamic as the suspension cycles (over a rise, as the suspension cycles you'll lose camber) vs achieving -2.2 degrees static. My guess is you've factored that in, just wanted to mention it 👍
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2021, 12:56 AM   #5
Bee Pee
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AW M2 DCT

OP - have a read of this thread

M2 CS - geometry - anyone know what's changed ? https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1745276

HTH, BP

Current '22 X3M LCI..
Appreciate 1
H20neun114.00