BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

03-07-2021, 08:03 AM   #1
LuckyBrand
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 F15, G05 X5, G80 M3 6sp

Finally Found A Manual Allocation!

I'm finally in the ordered club! I have had an order into a dealer for almost 6 weeks with no luck in site as to when BMW was going to pick it up. My salesman thought it was going to be a first week April build but then he started saying BMW is just not picking up these manual allocations from the order banks but they are picking up comps. He told me it could be awhile so I started looking around. I bet I called 25 dealers within 4 states of me and nobody had a manual allocation and they said that is a tough allocation that is like gold right now. There were comp allocations everywhere.

I was about to give up and ended up talking to a dealer out west from a source that had one and they did. We could not come to terms on a deal and because of distance I told him I would pass. The good thing is this guy wanted to actually help me! He got on the locator list and said there were only 38 available allocations in the entire U.S. as of March 6th and most of them were on the coasts. Ended up finding the last one nearest to me and called them. Sure enough they had it. I secured that dude as quick as I could and now I'm in! It's a late March early April build and he said I should have it no later than about 10 to 12 weeks.

This has been a crazy ride for me and I'm posting this to hopefully help anybody else waiting or wanting an allocation especially in manual configuration. Keep trying, call around and do your homework. I was in a situation where I couldn't keep waiting and being put off till a June, July build. There just aren't many available.

My Build:

Isle of Man Green
6 MT (YEA!)
826M Bi-Color Wheels
Red Brake Calipers
Kyalami Orange Interior (Extended)
Executive Package
Shadow Line Exterior
Carbon Fiber Interior Trim

Update: 3/8/21

Received my production number today and my salesman said BMW is projecting a finish time of April 16th for my build! So far nothing on any delays?
Attached Images

Last edited by LuckyBrand; 03-08-2021 at 06:01 PM.. Reason: Added Build Picture
Appreciate 4
M3AWD3181.50
Scorp!on1511.50
HK484.00
      03-07-2021, 08:37 AM   #2
jmh600cbr
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: G80

Garage List
2021 BMW G80  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyBrand View Post
I'm finally in the ordered club! I have had an order into a dealer for almost 6 weeks with no luck in site as to when BMW was going to pick it up. My salesman thought it was going to be a first week April build but then he started saying BMW is just not picking up these manual allocations from the order banks but they are picking up comps. He told me it could be awhile so I started looking around. I bet I called 25 dealers within 4 states of me and nobody had a manual allocation and they said that is a tough allocation that is like gold right now. There were comp allocations everywhere.

I was about to give up and ended up talking to a dealer out west from a source that had one and they did. We could not come to terms on a deal and because of distance I told him I would pass. The good thing is this guy wanted to actually help me! He got on the locator list and said there were only 38 available allocations in the entire U.S. as of March 6th and most of them were on the coasts. Ended up finding the last one nearest to me and called them. Sure enough they had it. I secured that dude as quick as I could and now I'm in! It's a late March early April build and he said I should have it no later than about 10 to 12 weeks.

This has been a crazy ride for me and I'm posting this to hopefully help anybody else waiting or wanting an allocation especially in manual configuration. Keep trying, call around and do your homework. I was in a situation where I couldn't keep waiting and being put off till a June, July build. There just aren't many available.

My Build:

Isle of Man Green
6 MT (YEA!)
826M Bi-Color Wheels
Red Brake Calipers
Executive Package
Shadow Line Exterior
I have a manual allocation that was supposed to be built on mar 1. It's not delayed indefinitely due to part shortage. I'm rattled.
Jproos325.00
      03-07-2021, 08:39 AM   #3
Jproos
Facts matter
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i (2014), M3 (2021)

Quote:

My Build:

Isle of Man Green
6 MT (YEA!)
826M Bi-Color Wheels
Red Brake Calipers
Executive Package
Shadow Line Exterior

It seems I got very lucky to get a manual G80 build within 2 days of telling my Midwest dealer I wanted to order. It’s currently waiting to her on the boat.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2021, 08:40 AM   #4
jmh600cbr
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2021 BMW G80  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jproos View Post
Quote:

My Build:

Isle of Man Green
6 MT (YEA!)
826M Bi-Color Wheels
Red Brake Calipers
Executive Package
Shadow Line Exterior

It seems I got very lucky to get a manual G80 build within 2 days of telling my Midwest dealer I wanted to order. It's currently waiting to her on the boat.
Not sure how that is possible but I'll take what I can at this point.
      03-07-2021, 08:52 AM   #5
Jproos
Facts matter
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i (2014), M3 (2021)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmh600cbr View Post
Not sure how that is possible but I'll take what I can at this point.
I’ve seen other people talking about how rare they are. At first the dealer wasn’t sure they’d get one but they had another dealer who wanted to trade for an M2 Comp allocation so I lucked out; a ton, it seems.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2021, 09:50 AM   #6
rak299
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M3 6MT

I found one 120 miles from home, after a long search - lots of BMW dealers near San Francisco. I had found another closer, but I had told him to screw himself when he demanded 10K over MSRP.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2021, 09:56 AM   #7
LuckyBrand
Captain
Rep

Quote:
I have a manual allocation that was supposed to be built on mar 1. It's not delayed indefinitely due to part shortage. I'm rattled.
That's not a good sign and hopefully not going to delay a bunch of builds. I wonder if it's just the manual or if it's both models?

Many vehicle manufacturers are facing short falls and even shutting down lines due to shortages mainly in the chip sector.

I think we should all keep each other updated on this and I will chime in on mine if I here anything soon especially since mine is coming up quick.
Appreciate 1
jmh600cbr271.00
      03-07-2021, 09:58 AM   #8
LuckyBrand
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rak299 View Post
I found one 120 miles from home, after a long search - lots of BMW dealers near San Francisco. I had found another closer, but I had told him to screw himself when he demanded 10K over MSRP.
Yeah I would have done the same. That is gouging to extreme levels.

Glad you found one though!
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2021, 10:08 AM   #9
rak299
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M3 6MT

On February 26 (last business day in Feb.), the 10K-over guy called again (after I had ordered elsewhere) and offered 2K over. When I said "no" he wanted to negotiate more, starting at 2K over. He hadn't found a buyer and he had to modify before March. I told him "good luck" and hung up.
Appreciate 1
admranger2984.50
      03-07-2021, 11:02 AM   #10
jmh600cbr
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2021 BMW G80  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
That's not a good sign and hopefully not going to delay a bunch of builds. I wonder if it's just the manual or if it's both models?

Many vehicle manufacturers are facing short falls and even shutting down lines due to shortages mainly in the chip sector.

I think we should all keep each other updated on this and I will chime in on mine if I here anything soon especially since mine is coming up quick.
As far as I know it is only effecting manual. However, there is another thread about the speakers. So who knows. I know x5 is also delayed.
      03-07-2021, 11:44 AM   #11
SevoDoc
Registered
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 6sp, TRD Pro 4Runner

I received a MT allocation a few weeks ago without too much looking around in CT. Haven't heard anything about a delay, though. Perhaps it's time to check in with my SA.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2021, 07:24 PM   #12
CanesM4
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 24 Twilight Purple/Ivory

I went to the dealership, also in CT, on Saturday February 6th and had my manual allocation by Monday. It's an M4 though so I don't know if it's easier to get than an M3 manual. My car is at the port right now waiting for a boat.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2021, 07:51 PM   #13
Pantagathus
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 M3 BGM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

As far as I know it is only effecting manual. However, there is another thread about the speakers. So who knows. I know x5 is also delayed.
I supposedly have a week 15 build, but still in 111 status, so my 111 looks unlikely. Hopefully it doesn't slip much more than that. Tempted to put in a comp order as a back-up
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2021, 10:33 PM   #14
CanuckM
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: cars

Are you MT allocations getting any discounts at all? I am sort of annoyed that I didn't get much despite being a repeat buyer from my local store. I got swept up and signed with only a few hundreds of.

I suppose there are more deals to be had on Comps since there are more?

Ugh
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2021, 10:35 PM   #15
CanesM4
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckM View Post
Are you MT allocations getting any discounts at all? I am sort of annoyed that I didn't get much despite being a repeat buyer from my local store. I got swept up and signed with only a few hundreds of.

Ugh
I got a little over 9% off of msrp for my manual M4
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2021, 10:39 PM   #16
Nkr15
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanesM4 View Post
Quote:

Ugh
Crazy, everyone around me wants $10,000 over MSRP
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2021, 10:46 PM   #17
CanesM4
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nkr15 View Post
That is ridiculous. For anyone that would buy that car for 10k over, id like to see them bring it back to the dealer in a month to trade it in and see what they're willing to give you for it.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2021, 10:59 PM   #18
Pantagathus
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Ugh
On a lease or purchase? I haven't heard of any sort of discounts beyond something nominal for a purchase
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2021, 10:59 PM   #19
CanuckM
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: cars

Quote:
Holy Cow. I got taken to the cleaners.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2021, 11:10 PM   #20
CanesM4
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantagathus View Post
On a lease or purchase? I haven't heard of any sort of discounts beyond something nominal for a purchase
It's a lease. It's also the 4th car I've gotten from this dealer. From what I'm reading on here, the California dealers are pretty greedy
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2021, 11:16 PM   #21
Nkr15
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M3

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nkr15 View Post
That is ridiculous. For anyone that would buy that car for 10k over, id like to see them bring it back to the dealer in a month to trade it in and see what they're willing to give you for it.
Oh yeah, Audi RS6 probably 20-40k over, civic type R I've seen $15,000.. Shelby GT350 $10,000.. I bet the black wing Cadillac will be over as well. Luckily I got my build confirmed at msrp in writing.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2021, 11:18 PM   #22
Pantagathus
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantagathus View Post
It's a lease. It's also the 4th car I've gotten from this dealer. From what I'm reading on here, the California dealers are pretty greedy
I haven't checked lease rates in CA, but I think it's not uncommon to get a discount (although 9% is good). I haven't heard of anyone getting anything other than a nominal discount on a purchase, although given there are quite a few comp allocations around that may change, particularly once AWD pricing/timing is released
Appreciate 0