E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > iPod classic

10-23-2008, 12:11 PM   #1
greatbm
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G15 840i Coupe

iPod classic

Had to replace my 5th gen iPod due to defect. Chose 120gig new classic to replace it, new classic will not charge using original Y cable and I have to disconnect iPod and reconnect to get it to work every time I turn on car. Did a search and lots of issues but common one is get new type Y cable. My question is, is anyone running a classic Gen 6 with the 6FL with no problems ? If yes is the cable the newer smaller rounded type of cable ?
      10-23-2008, 12:24 PM   #2
Carrera RSR
Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: BMW

I bought a cable on the 1st August this year. Post a pic of yours and I'll check if there are any differences. Apple has been changing the dock connectors on recent ipod upgrades and breaking the usability on previous accessories. eg iPhone 3G has got a different connector to 1st gen iPhone.

My cable works fine with 5th gen video. My 1st gen iPhone states accessory is not supported but still works.

Apple are becoming the new Microsoft
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2008, 12:31 PM   #3
greatbm
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G15 840i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrerarsr View Post
I bought a cable on the 1st August this year. Post a pic of yours and I'll check if there are any differences. Apple has been changing the dock connectors on recent ipod upgrades and breaking the usability on previous accessories. eg iPhone 3G has got a different connector to 1st gen iPhone.

My cable works fine with 5th gen video. My 1st gen iPhone states accessory is not supported but still works.

Apple are becoming the new Microsoft
Thanks for reply, My Y cable is the rectangle box type with square edges. I know the BMW part no has now changed. I was wanting someone with a 6th generation classic to confirm no problems, my previous 5th gen worked no problem from 03/2007 when 6fl option was introduced with the Y cable.