ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Navigation, Audio, Bluetooth, Stereo, Electronics Talk
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

10-27-2008, 09:09 AM   #1
Black///Mamba
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: a beast

Bluetooth Issue...

Hey guys,

So, my bluetooth in my car worked perfectly fine up until 2 weeks ago. Randomly, my car stopped detecting my phone. I tried to re-sync, but the car was still unable to find the phone. I also tried to sync an old phone I had (that previously sync-ed). Has anyone else had this issue? Will the dealer be able to correc tthis?

Maybe I forgot how to re-sync it. I put my phone in search mode and press the R/T button on the wheel. Thats how I remember it at least. Any help is appreciated. Thansk.
      10-28-2008, 01:35 AM   #2
rlc
Captain
Rep
Drives: '06 E90 - '04 E85 - '16 F15d

Garage List
2016 BMW X5 35d  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
2004 Z4 2.5i Roadster  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black///M View Post

Maybe I forgot how to re-sync it. I put my phone in search mode and press the R/T button on the wheel. Thats how I remember it at least. Any help is appreciated. Thansk.
I'm not sure what model year/BT equipment you have but I don't think the procedure you quote is correct. The R/T button simply switches between the audio system and the telephone. There is a pairing button somewhere in your car - probably on the rear center console. On my 2004 Roadster I added on the BimerNav ULF and installed the pairing button. I have to hold down the pairing button while I turn the ignition key to position two (just before start). When I release the button the radio (non-nav) displays 'BT Pairing". At that point I put my phone in pairing mode and have to enter a pairing code into the phone to pair the equipment. The code is specific to the TCU in your car. If you bought the car new you should have gotten a card with the pairing code included with your owner documents at delivery. If you bought it used the code MAY be labeled on your TCU (located on the trunk wall behind the seats).
      10-28-2008, 07:32 AM   #3
jragan
Imola Lover
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Imola Red M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlc View Post
I'm not sure what model year/BT equipment you have but I don't think the procedure you quote is correct. The R/T button simply switches between the audio system and the telephone. There is a pairing button somewhere in your car - probably on the rear center console. On my 2004 Roadster I added on the BimerNav ULF and installed the pairing button. I have to hold down the pairing button while I turn the ignition key to position two (just before start). When I release the button the radio (non-nav) displays 'BT Pairing". At that point I put my phone in pairing mode and have to enter a pairing code into the phone to pair the equipment. The code is specific to the TCU in your car. If you bought the car new you should have gotten a card with the pairing code included with your owner documents at delivery. If you bought it used the code MAY be labeled on your TCU (located on the trunk wall behind the seats).
Nope, there is no pairing button. The car goes into search mode for the first minute or so after the car is turned on and looks for anything already paired or allows you to pair with a new device if it's also in search mode at that time. Later, if the car isn't currently paired, pushing the R/T button will display "activate phone" and will go back into search mode.

So it sounds like what the OP is doing is correct...I haven't heard of this problem before, but it could be your car's system is having difficulties... Still under warranty?
      10-28-2008, 07:46 AM   #4
Black///Mamba
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: a beast

yeah, still under warranty, going to try one more time toeday and then calling the dealer.
      10-28-2008, 12:30 PM   #5
rlc
Captain
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW X5 35d  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jragan View Post
Nope, there is no pairing button. The car goes into search mode for the first minute or so after the car is turned on and looks for anything already paired or allows you to pair with a new device if it's also in search mode at that time. Later, if the car isn't currently paired, pushing the R/T button will display "activate phone" and will go back into search mode.

So it sounds like what the OP is doing is correct...I haven't heard of this problem before, but it could be your car's system is having difficulties... Still under warranty?
Ok, thanks. I'm not up to date on the 2007s.
      10-28-2008, 02:49 PM   #6
jragan
Imola Lover
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Imola Red M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlc View Post
Ok, thanks. I'm not up to date on the 2007s.
Apparently I'm not up to date on the pre 2007s...I didn't realize pre 2007 actually had a paring button...I was under the impression they all worked this way...
      10-29-2008, 09:01 PM   #7
rlc
Captain
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW X5 35d  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jragan View Post
Apparently I'm not up to date on the pre 2007s...I didn't realize pre 2007 actually had a paring button...I was under the impression they all worked this way...
I'm not sure of the history of BT in Z4s. I bought my 2004 used and it had no BT at all. I think either late year 2004 models or the 2005 models were the first to get it from the factory. I bought a system from Bimmernav which involved replacing the TCU with the ULF unit which came with the pairing button (an official BMW part, which was used in the E46 and other models).
      12-16-2008, 01:53 AM   #8
kuradoberi121
Registered
Rep
Drives: 1

Exclamation Two girls cosplay as shaiya goddess

See the answer click here. Want to see more pics? Show yourself on our forum click here Recommend:LineAge 2 Elf Rin Tohsaka
Appreciate 0