BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

04-17-2021, 05:54 AM   #1
james550imanual
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: bmw x5, g80 M3

Hey guys.

Looking to do a custom build for a PC pickup between Dec and Feb.

When do I need to start talking and finding dealers? Do I wait until July to find out 2022 allocations?

Also any dealers on here wanting a good chance of a sale for end of the year, feel free to reach out to me 😂

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2021, 09:50 AM   #2
chicagofan00
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 M60i

Garage List
2024 BMW X5 M60i  [10.00]
There are a lot of factors that can come into play here.

Is your build going to have any Individual exterior colors or interior choices? Those can add several weeks to the length of build time.

Other factors would be as to what kind of allocation you can find from a dealership and if they have an immediate one that can be modified for what you want or if you have to wait for one to open up.

Are you looking for a manual, RWD, or AWD build? Those are 3 different allocations and dealerships don't get the same amount of them each month (let alone we don't even yet know how easily AWD allocations will be since they haven't been released yet).

In a general sense, if you want to take delivery in December you'd be looking at getting an allocation in September which would be a build month of November and then delivery in December. That is if all timelines flow normally, no delays at the ports, etc.

Current - 2024 G05 X5 ///M60i in Java Green
Past - 2005 E53 X5 3.0i in Titanium Silver; 2008 E92 335i in Montego Blue; 2019 G01 X3 M40i in Glacier Silver; 2022 G80 M3 Competition in Twilight Purple
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2021, 09:52 AM   #3
GOLFFRR
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: GOLFFRR cart

just assume that once you order the car and it starts production you are looking at 6-8 weeks till it gets to the dealer, individual orders can take 3weeks to months longer depending on various situations

knowing that timeline you should be able to make your decision

allocations usually come out beginning of each month(for the most part). So in sept you dealers will get October allocations and so on. just always remember if you dont get a production number right away you do not have a allocation.

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 2
      04-17-2021, 03:31 PM   #4
james550imanual
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagofan00 View Post

Is your build going to have any Individual exterior colors or interior choices? Those can add several weeks to the length of build time.

Other factors would be as to what kind of allocation you can find from a dealership and if they have an immediate one that can be modified for what you want or if you have to wait for one to open up.

Are you looking for a manual, RWD, or AWD build? Those are 3 different allocations and dealerships don't get the same amount of them each month (let alone we don't even yet know how easily AWD allocations will be since they haven't been released yet).

In a general sense, if you want to take delivery in December you'd be looking at getting an allocation in September which would be a build month of November and then delivery in December. That is if all timelines flow normally, no delays at the ports, etc.
Thanks!!

Looking for Manual. Add moonroof. Red calipers. That's about it. Either in the Isle of Man green or Milano red.

Waiting for first year madness to die down a bit too so maybe some better deals for '22
      04-17-2021, 08:49 PM   #5
chicagofan00
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 M60i

Garage List
2024 BMW X5 M60i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by james550imanual View Post
Quote:

Thanks!!

Looking for Manual. Add moonroof. Red calipers. That's about it. Either in the Isle of Man green or Milano red.

Waiting for first year madness to die down a bit too so maybe some better deals for '22
I'm assuming you mean Toronto Red instead of Misano Red?

Otherwise all pretty standard options, colors, etc. I'd say Golffrr's notes above would be spot on then.

Current - 2024 G05 X5 ///M60i in Java Green
Past - 2005 E53 X5 3.0i in Titanium Silver; 2008 E92 335i in Montego Blue; 2019 G01 X3 M40i in Glacier Silver; 2022 G80 M3 Competition in Twilight Purple
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2021, 09:12 PM   #6
james550imanual
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by james550imanual View Post
Quote:
Thanks!!

I'm assuming you mean Toronto Red instead of Misano Red?

Otherwise all pretty standard options, colors, etc. I'd say Golffrr's notes above would be spot on then.
My bad...yea I meant Toronto red