BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

04-22-2021, 06:08 AM   #1
snarkeygolbin
Private
Rep
Drives: m3

Delivery date for UK

Hey all,

Ordered my M3 form alocal dealer, they said that delivery will be 1st week of July for RWD.

I got a cracking deal on the RWD (went for a test drive with the view of ordering in future but was amazed at the grip so though I could have it for summer after the offered a crazy deal.

Instead for asking for allocations I asked about the due delivery date (realise now this may have been a mistake, my 1st new car not in stock)

This was just under 2 weeks ago so thought I would ring BMW see how its rogressing and seems the dealer didnt have allocations.

I am a bit anniyed at myself for not askign the right question...

But if it takes longer than july I may as well wait for the AWD (dealer says they can sw it oer but deal will be off the table).

If it came to this I would rather go through a different dealer.

Does any oen know if I have ay rights to cancel etc?

Or is it just a case of this is what it is now, I am just at the hands of the dealer hopefully getting an allocation and if they dont for a while and want to go AWD, then I have to stup up the extra 5 fugures to grab it?

Doesnt help getting hold of anyone at the dealer is now nigh on impossible (and the sales rep has no real knowledge if the processes).
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2021, 07:46 AM   #2
Sbm007
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G80 M3CX (Oxide Grey)

Garage List
You should definitely be able to cancel and get your money back considering the actual vehicle order is not actually placed with BMW yet, so might be worth double checking your paperwork too and see what it says? In the past I've backed out after paying a deposit at a BMW dealership and I had no issues getting my money back.

In terms of allocation as you know I'm in the same position, all I would say is wait and see what happens next 2 weeks, I've heard typically allocations come out last week of the month/first week of the month for production the next month.

As long as you're on top of the list, you should get an allocation. If you don't get an allocation by say May 7th, then you're likely going to have to wait ANOTHER month (same applies to me).

Chances are if the dealership quoted a mid-July delivery to you, then they probably know to prioritise your order when the allocations do come. So if you get an allocation start of May for a June production, that would still be on track for a mid-July delivery.

Out of curiosity, what dealership did you buy through?
2022 G80 M3 Competition M xDrive (Oxide Grey)
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2021, 08:25 AM   #3
snarkeygolbin
Private
Rep
Drives: m3

Thanks Sbm007, I called them and theyve now said they she wasn tsure if we have an allocation but speakign to the manager etc etc.

I wont mention dealer name here but can pm you.

And yup agree with you from what ive seen seems same to me, they allocate end / start of the month and Im kind of hoping it just goes through.

I bought an in stock new car from them before and no problems so no reason to disbelieve them as such.

If May 7th comes and goes, time for AWD...

With the deals it really does seem no deals at all on the AWD, I got a few% off msrp but theyve said demand is high they wont be able to get any discounts...

Again an unknown as if I can cancel I would ring around to see where has the best deal.

Ah well back to waiting again haha.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2021, 09:06 AM   #4
Sbm007
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G80 M3CX (Oxide Grey)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by snarkeygolbin View Post
Thanks Sbm007, I called them and theyve now said they she wasn tsure if we have an allocation but speakign to the manager etc etc.

I wont mention dealer name here but can pm you.

And yup agree with you from what ive seen seems same to me, they allocate end / start of the month and Im kind of hoping it just goes through.

I bought an in stock new car from them before and no problems so no reason to disbelieve them as such.

If May 7th comes and goes, time for AWD...

With the deals it really does seem no deals at all on the AWD, I got a few% off msrp but theyve said demand is high they wont be able to get any discounts...

Again an unknown as if I can cancel I would ring around to see where has the best deal.

Ah well back to waiting again haha.
Sadly thats what it comes down to, just need to be patient and wait it out

Yep, that's my plan too - 100% changing to AWD if I don't get a June allocation next month.

PS: Have PM'd you!
2022 G80 M3 Competition M xDrive (Oxide Grey)
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2021, 02:34 AM   #5
Vizsla2021
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3 G80 XDrive

Angry M3 G80 XDrive - Delivery Issues UK

I’ve had my M3 on order since May this year, was happy to take a November delivery slot (giving BMW plenty of planning time). 2 weeks before build (week 41) the build week moved out by 8 weeks, since then my build week has changed 7 times!

Worst date provided was build week 22, yes that’s 2022 and would have been over a year from order to delivery. Now have a build date of Feb 2022 and delivery March 2022.

I’m fully aware of the semiconductor issues but has anyone else had these ever changing build week issues with no reason being provided by BMW. I see that stock deliveries are being made for some dealerships but not for customer orders!
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2021, 08:05 PM   #6
dmwpxdpxw
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW G80 M3 xDrive

M3 G80 xDrive Delivery Issues

Hi All,

I’m a new member to the forum, but having ordered a G80 M3 sometime ago I have read many of the threads with interest, many are very helpful and informative, particularly those from Sbm007!

Having read the post from Vizsla2021, I share your frustration and many others I felt compelled to add my story and experience.

I ordered a G80 M3 RWD on April 1st this year (after midday, not that it has made any difference!) SPY with YAS interior with the Ultimate Pack.

With little progress to speak of at the end of May my dealership called me to say my M3 RWD was unlikely to be delivered before October / November, but they had one xDrive allocation if I was interested which was build week 34 mid-August.

So on 28th May I switched my order to an xDrive, same spec. The dates shifted a few times, but not by much. The car was built week 36 with a delivery to the dealership of week 39.

The system was updated on 17th September status code 193 port of exit and to date neither the car or the system has been updated since!

The UK recalls has the car on stop sale for programming of the front radar sensor which can be done at the port of exit, port of entry or the dealership so why the wait? After much complaining and escalating it transpires that the car is also waiting for cameras.

So my car has been at the port of exit for nearly 14 weeks with zero update and counting, at least there aren’t too many seagulls at the port to crap all over it!

I fully understand the global semiconductor chip shortages which is affecting so many manufacturers, BMW are not alone, but what I do find unacceptable is the complete lack of information / transparency coming out of BMW, be that UK and / or Germany on delayed cars.

Fair play to my dealership who have been superb, they have ordered me a second car build week 4, same spec, delivery mid-February assuming no delay, but I’m not holding my breath. I sincerely hope there isn’t any of the spec deleted, currently its fully loaded, in fact wireless charging and wi-fi hotspot is part of the build which were deleted from my week 36 build.

It does appear to be a lottery as to who gets their cars with minimal delays and others get badly affected. I accept spec will play a part, but I’ve seen Ultimate Pack cars built in and around week 36 and later that have arrived, some which were subject to stop sales so I don’t know whether there are any week 35,36,37 cars still not delivered and what process / order is followed in deciding which cars get cameras and / or audio modules!

For sure stock cars are arriving, not many granted, maybe they are cancelled orders, but it is frustrating to see cars built after week 36 with Ultimate Packs available, all be it on the pricey side!

I wonder whether my week 36 car will ever arrive, I suspect the week 4 car will arrive quicker, in any event assuming the week 4 car is not significantly delayed the week 36 car will be rejected by either me or the dealership.

I’m over the frustration, up the hill and down the other side… if it wasn’t such a great car I may have walked, as it is I have a cracking deal that I will take up and I’m sure the agonising wait will be worth it. Additionally my dealership have logged a formal complaint on my behalf and seeking some kind of compensation. It'll probably be a full tank of fuel! I'm not overly bothered, my bloody car would be nice!

Hope my pain helps others who are waiting and for others who have their cars, good news and I hope you are enjoying them.

Have a good Christmas and many miles of happy motoring in 2022!

Last edited by dmwpxdpxw; 12-23-2021 at 08:07 PM.. Reason: Typo
Appreciate 0