E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Advice on changing cars

06-28-2021, 10:19 PM   #1
Be_Em_Double_You
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 320D Coupe 2013 E92

Advice on changing cars

Hi All
I have owned a E92 320d coupe My13.5 for nearly 2 years now and added 34,000km to the odometer totalling 114,000 km.
Being a diesel car i have been very strict on when to drive the car keeping in mind the distances to travel and if it is necessary to do so. I ride my bike to work most days, and use the car 3 time per week to go to the gym and once per week to go for a 1 hour drive to fruitshop and escape so the car can cleanse the DPF.
I rarely let the car get on empty and fill up just under 3/4 full to keep it topped up but averaging 1200-1300km per tank which is exceptional and best i have experienced. The car drives super smooth and loves humming along on the highway.
However it is not the kind of car i wanted to start up just to go 2 minutes down the road for post office or fishing which is a bit of an inconvenience to say the least. Not to mentioned keeping the car clean due to its beautiful design.

Which brings me to the rationale of perhaps needing to change cars for a more care free lifestyle.
I have been thinking about Audi Q5 in petrol or diesel, an Audi Allroad in diesel. The challenge is replacing the e92 320d which i am finding difficult. 1.8l-2.0l petrol or diesel that is luxury inside and out and super reliable. This is difficult.
Was looking at Volvo v60 2016 (but read reliability issues) and now i am reading that Audi diesel is no way near as good as BMW diesel engineering which i experience first hand of how amazing it is. Or do i just keep the 320d and be frugal when and when not to drive.

Previous car was Subaru imprezza 2011 2.0l petrol and never let me down but super boring to drive and lacking on the comfort department, however the reliability was exceptional and could use it any time without worrying about short trips like i do with the 320d.

Any suggestions on brand, Volvo, Audi. Subaru. Looking at petrol but good fuel economy which subaru does not offer.
Budget 20-30k$, and build year 2014-2016
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2021, 10:33 PM   #2
overcoil
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i 6spd

Actually a lot of what you wrote is similar to my predicament.
Just keep the BMW, you'll probably regret making a change.
Appreciate 2