Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Effect on 18" and sports suspension on ride quality

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

07-05-2005, 01:40 AM   #1
markh
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 325iSE

Effect on 18" and sports suspension on ride quality

Hi,

I'm currently currently trying to decide if I should go for the 18" wheels, mainly because they make the E90 look really good. However, I don't want the ride to be compromised. I'm currently driving a standard E45 325iSE without sports suspension and really love the ride. I have the option to go for the 18" wheels without sports suspension.

Has anyone tried 18" wheels without sports suspension? Which one degrades ride quality more - 18" wheels or sports suspension? For example, is the ride with 18" (no sports suspension) softer than 17" (with sports suspension)?

Also, is there more tire noise with the 18" wheels, and is this really noticeable?

Regards

Mark
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2005, 03:47 AM   #2
chrisbin
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 640i MSport Coupe

IMHO - go for the 18"s....they are a must have!!

I have them on standard UK SE spec. suspension. Car handles well and also rides well. Its firm but not "crashy". However, haven't tried a sport suspension car so can't make comparison sorry.

Noise is very subdued from everywhere to be honest so I don't think you'll find that an issue.

HTH

Previous - Alpina D3 BiTurbo E90 LCI Manual, 320d M Sport E92 Auto, 330i M Sport E92 courtesy of BMW UK....320i M Sport E92 Auto, 320d SE E90 Manual.
Appreciate 0