E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > Ba$tards

11-11-2008, 11:30 AM   #1
Mr Plum
A member
Rep
Drives: 335i M Sport Touring

Ba$tards

Three days after coming out of the bodyshop after £1k of work to get rid of the various scratches, scrapes and dings the previous owner had inflicted and some twonk clips the front bumper in a car park and inflicts some nice scratches on my immaculate paintwork. Bloody typical!
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2008, 12:16 PM   #2
-=TSL=-
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: a sexy 325i

Garage List
Sorry to hear bout this mate! It always seems to happen at the worst of times, when everything seems right again!

Was it a supermarket carpark? Any CCTV cameras about by any chance? Worth a try..

Good luck

TSL

-=E92 325i M Sport-Alpine White-Saddle Brown-NavPro-Bluetooth-Individual Sound-6FL-Brushed Aluminium=-
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2008, 12:27 PM   #3
Carrera RSR
Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: BMW

As above, if there is any CCTV then by law the owner has to supply the footage for £10 (freedom of information act). You may be able to get the reg number off the video. Supply this to the Police as a hit and run. The owner of the car that scraped you will be very surprised and worried if you were able to find them. Really pi**es me off when people do this. Complete disrespect of peoples property.

Good Luck
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2008, 01:16 PM   #4
booforty
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
I feel for you. I would be livid!!
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2008, 02:21 PM   #5
madman
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: The Above

Aww man thats the worst.

Definately worth seeing of there is CCTV.

Its shocking how little respect some people have. I was sat in my car with my wife in a car park when a guy on a bike misjudged and banged straight into the back of my car. He didnt even stop to look, he just carried on going.

Obviously I jumped out and confronted him and luckily there was no damage but it really pissed me off.

Hope you get it sorted out.

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2008, 03:48 PM   #6
Mr Plum
A member
Rep
Drives: 335i M Sport Touring

Cheers guys - so unbelievably annoying!!

Happened at Heathrow last week. I'll give the cctv a try although I'm not holding my breath.

I wouldn't mind but I deliberately park out of the way, on the end of a row, where no one else is parked etc. Its amazing how many times I come back to the car and someone is right next to me when there are spaces elsewhere!!!
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2008, 03:50 PM   #7
Carrera RSR
Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Plum View Post
Cheers guys - so unbelievably annoying!!

Happened at Heathrow last week. I'll give the cctv a try although I'm not holding my breath.

I wouldn't mind but I deliberately park out of the way, on the end of a row, where no one else is parked etc. Its amazing how many times I come back to the car and someone is right next to me when there are spaces elsewhere!!!
Believe me, there will be CCTV for every inch of Heathrow area.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2008, 04:06 PM   #8
beemerbird
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: Merc diesel

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Plum View Post
How annoying!! and sorry to hear about this.

Know exactly what you mean about the 'herding' instinct in the average muppet parking near to your car when other spaces are available. I actually moved when someone did this to me at Sainsbury's the other week. The bloke knew I'd just parked up and seemed bemused that I started my engine and went again. Bloody sheep - follow the flock.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2008, 04:27 PM   #9
E902717
Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: E91 335d M-Sport

someone did that to me and broke my front number plate, but they left there name and address and phone number on my windscreen.

Rang him just to say thank you for being honest!

Shame there isn't many people like that around,

It happened to my girlfriends car in our apartment car park and they just drove off, think it was someone visting had to have a new bloody bumper!

Ba$tards!!!!
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2008, 01:22 AM   #10
scooba0010
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F32 430D-MOTORSPORT

I have taken

I have taken to parking in the mother and child parking bays at superstores after the last £650 repair to 2 doors and wheel arch
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2008, 02:44 AM   #11
medrep
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90 320D Carbon Black

Mate that is so fustrating!

x3 accidents in my last E90, none of them my fault, total 8k's worth of damage, 1st one 1 month after having it, 2nd one week later, 3rd one happened 1 month after the repairs. It became funny in the end (you have to laugh or you'll cry) and got to know the staff on first name terms at BMW repair centre quite quickly

Had my new E90 x3 weeks and someone dinged my door already, drivers side. I always park away from people, and guess what happens when I return, all the f*****g time

Sometimes I think its done on purpose, it actually takes quite a bit of force to dent someone's door skin with a car door. I know this cos I did it back to the car that caused it I'd had enough that day, and i dont care what anyone says, I felt a whole lot better after doing it.....................
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2008, 03:02 AM   #12
MOB
Major
England
Rep
Drives: Alpine White M2 LCI

Bstrds!!!!

Dont know if of any interest to you, but I had a nasty scrape on my rear bumper fixed recently by Northampton Chipsaway, and the job is 100% perfect - £120 was the cost.
      11-13-2008, 09:02 AM   #13
- Paul -
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: see above.

Garage List
2005 320D SE  [10.00]
2005 645  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by scooba0010 View Post
I have taken to parking in the mother and child parking bays at superstores after the last £650 repair to 2 doors and wheel arch
Not a good idea - you are more likely to get scratches/ dents from kids and errant shopping trolleys - if you want to see proof - have alook at my missus's car
      11-13-2008, 09:16 AM   #14
RockIt
Lieutenant Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: Mercedes C350 Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by medrep View Post
Mate that is so fustrating!

Had my new E90 x3 weeks and someone dinged my door already, drivers side. I always park away from people, and guess what happens when I return, all the f*****g time

Sometimes I think its done on purpose, it actually takes quite a bit of force to dent someone's door skin with a car door. I know this cos I did it back to the car that caused it I'd had enough that day, and i dont care what anyone says, I felt a whole lot better after doing it.....................
I always park away from other cars if possible and sure enough someone will park next to me. I now have two nasty dings, one from a car door and the other up on the rear wing, just near the light cluster. Fits a trolley handle perfectly. Some years ago I was sitting in my brand new Puma and a car parked next to me, woman opened the door and THUD. When I confronted her she said, that was there already', pointing to the new dint she'd just inflicted. Husband got nasty and as I had my 6 year old daughter with me at the time I wasn't too keen on having a punch up in Tesco's carpark. The world is full of arses.

RockIt!
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2008, 10:51 AM   #15
willhollin
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: VW T5

Garage List
I find it safest to leave the car at home and either walk or get public transport.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2008, 01:47 PM   #16
Oil Burner
Captain
Rep
Drives: E93 330d SE Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by willhollin View Post
I find it safest to leave the car at home and either walk or get public transport.
very enviromentally friendly
Appreciate 0