BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

09-04-2021, 06:12 AM   #1
bimmermann88
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW g05

Waiting list and possibly changing my spec

I was wondering if I decided to change my exterior and interior of my m3cx will I loose my spot if I'm on a waiting list and piss off my CA since I already signed a pre buyers contract or will I just piss him off and my order will get changed and not loose my spot ? I originally spec BSM with Fiona red but the more I look at the Toronto red and the Silverstone seats the more i fall in love with it because it just pops so much more and is very unique looking! Thanks
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2021, 06:20 AM   #2
aford
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Competition

If you don't have an allocation you're just changing a spec in the order bank. No one should be pissed at all. You should get the car you want.

If you do have an allocation and the status is not yet 150 you can change the spec and no one should be pissed at you. The one word of caution here is that material changes can impact build week if you add something that is constrained. You won't know this in advance. You should get the car you want.

Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Executive Committee Member for Light The Night. You can help. Donate here.
Appreciate 1
      09-04-2021, 06:25 AM   #3
bimmermann88
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aford View Post
If you don't have an allocation you're just changing a spec in the order bank. No one should be pissed at all. You should get the car you want.

If you do have an allocation and the status is not yet 150 you can change the spec and no one should be pissed at you. The one word of caution here is that material changes can impact build week if you add something that is constrained. You won't know this in advance. You should get the car you want.
Thanks!! Currently I'm at 047 status. The minute I saw the TR on a m4 in the showroom I fell in love! I have yet seen a BSM in a M in person but only just in the pictures it looks like a regular black bmw because the black hides so much. I like the orange tint in the direct light as well. Everyone I talk to about the TR hates it lol I think it's the grille and the boldness or other stuff on it. But once you see it in person it's a game changer/head turner! I'll most likely to go with silverstone seats bc of the contrast of the white and black. I had Fiona but I think it might be to much red than!
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2021, 11:50 AM   #4
merlin3008
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 Comp xDrive

I have to ask, what exactly is a presale contract? Did the lock you into non-refundable deposit?
2016 M235i xdrive, Alpine White, Terra Leather, Orbit Gray Wheels (Sold)
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2021, 11:57 AM   #5
bimmermann88
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlin3008 View Post
I have to ask, what exactly is a presale contract? Did the lock you into non-refundable deposit?
It's called a preliminary buyers order I sent in the $500 deposit and he didn't say anything about it being non-refundable but here is the "contract" I signed.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-04-2021, 12:51 PM   #6
F30George
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 M335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmermann88 View Post
I was wondering if I decided to change my exterior and interior of my m3cx will I loose my spot if I'm on a waiting list and piss off my CA since I already signed a pre buyers contract or will I just piss him off and my order will get changed and not loose my spot ? I originally spec BSM with Fiona red but the more I look at the Toronto red and the Silverstone seats the more i fall in love with it because it just pops so much more and is very unique looking! Thanks
Exactly what I have orderd. Toronto red on silverstone
Appreciate 1