BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

09-22-2021, 04:32 PM   #1
TXGrey
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X4M40i

Garage List
2021 BMW  [9.83]
WTB: Winter Set-Up - NO LONGER NEED

Howdy peeps! TXGrey down here in good ole North TX. As some of you have already seen/spoken with me, I'm on the lookout for a winter set-up for my X4M40i. Yes, yes... I know... why would I do that in North TX? Simply because, we do actually get a few months of cold over night temps, and generally speaking, about 1 go-around of some sort of wintry-mix precip. Unfortunately, I have a job that expects I be there come hell or high-water... so I generally have a vehicle that can perform in all weather, 365 days a year (and I don't feel like taking chances on summer rubber).

Yes, yes, I know (as well)... why don't I just swap my 21 inch wheels for someone's 20 inch AS set? Sure, I could do that... BUT WHERE'S THE FUN IN THAT?!! It came with 21 inch summers, may as well enjoy them 10 months of the year!

Soooo... Here I am. Plan is to pull the trigger on a winter set-up (like so many others) from TR or Discount here in a few months. 19 inch MSW Type 73s with 30 offset, and middle of the road set of AS tires. Roughly $2K shipped.

If anyone is going to dump their 19 inch setup (or possibly a 20 inch set-up as well tho I know those cost more) for sub $2K pricing (since I'll have to pay for shipping), and you are willing to ship, hit me up. I'm not in a rush (since TX winter won't be here for 4 months), and I'm open to a good used set provided they are still in good shape and the offset is in the range I'm looking for... Would rather buy from a member if it'll help someone else get rid of an otherwise useless set to them.

Thanks!

Last edited by TXGrey; 09-25-2021 at 01:27 PM.. Reason: topic closed
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2021, 01:25 PM   #2
TXGrey
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X4M40i

Garage List
2021 BMW  [9.83]
CLOSING THREAD (PER SAY).... Found a deal on TR I couldn't pass up... like I mentioned, these are only going on the car for probalby 2 to 2.5 months max. It didn't need to be exactly what I would spec... so pulled the trigger on some close-out deals. All set for N. TX winter temps!
Appreciate 0