E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Base/Sport suspension different struts?

12-10-2008, 12:30 AM   #1
Dillusion
is ross
France
Rep
Drives: E90

Base/Sport suspension different struts?

Do the BMW base and sport suspension use the same strut? Or is it different? I have the base suspension, If i put a sport package spring on it, will I be doing anything 'wrong'?

Will this also void my warranty?

Ive read the stickies and I know if theres a problem with the suspension it might, but what if its an OEM BMW part? Does the dealership need to install it for that to count?

Bleh allot of questions!
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2008, 12:03 PM   #2
ni8shadow
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 328i 6MT

From what I have read, the only problem the dealer can give you is if they can prove that the installation of the part caused a problem with the car. Aftermarket parts will not be covered by warranty, but OEM parts should.

The OEM parts themselves have warranty, but lets say you get some idiot to install your struts and he forgets to tighten something and all of a sudden your brakes are messed up somehow. Stealership can point this out and refuse to repair your brakes under warranty since its your "fault" for having someone else install them.

Just make sure everything is installed properly.
Appreciate 0