Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Changing wheels

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

07-07-2005, 04:41 PM   #1
tima
Custom User Title
United_States
Rep
Drives: 330i ZSP/TiAg/Blk

Changing wheels

Whenever I've changed over from summer to winter wheels&tires I've used the jack that came with the car. runflats=no jack.

The manual sez: "The tools for changing wheels are available as optional accessories from your BMW center".

I assume this means a jack and lug wrench and ... ???

Anyone have a reference to these parts or part numbers or know more? The manual also shows the jack points - any special fitments for jacking up an E90?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2005, 06:23 PM   #2
akmchan
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 528I

Talking

For my last E46 the bolts where standard that you can pick up at any auto parts store...nothing special about it so I expect the same for the e90 since a flat can happen anywhere and you can get a local tire store to fix it. Buying something from the dealership will just be overpaying IMHO....
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2005, 06:42 PM   #3
1stTbuyer
Rep
Drives: e30

I've inquired about the same as I've considered going with conventional tires once the OEM RFT wear out unless they come down in price with more choices. There is a Jack set for the E90 which comes in it's own pouch, the part number is 7106773536, but the best part is that it's not available in NA, at least not when I inquired in June. No pricing on it either. Regardless, it's bound to be quite exhorbitant to get something with the roundel logo on it, so just check with a junk yard to see if they have the set for an older model. Otherwise, get a 12mm wrench, and costum fit a hydralic jack by cutting a block of wood that fits the mountings of your car, and drill a guide hole in it to slide partially into the jack.
Appreciate 0