E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > N54 30ff rattly wastegates

07-01-2022, 10:15 PM   #1
Mangat
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2008 bmw 335i e93

N54 30ff rattly wastegates

Hello,

I have recently redone my turbos and done all other maintenance. I was going for a test drive when I had extreme rattle on decel and pulled over to see what it was. My charge pipe clamp going into the intercooler side was off. I corrected this and it was going smooth, however minutes later the rattle returned again. On idle after some time it’s silent. It’s as soon as the car gets rpm when the rattle starts. I re checked all the clamps from the outlet side to charge pipe. All are secure. Again the rattle had not stopped. Both turbos have the actuators on there and are solid no play. Currently cars on jb4 map 5 and has Vargas oem plus turbos. No smoke or leaks. Currently puzzled. Only thing I’ve been able to notice is the charge pipe has slight wiggles but is secured in there. All new vacuum lines. I’m thinking some sort of vaccum issue however haven’t really tested it. Any thoughts ?

Last edited by Mangat; 07-01-2022 at 10:49 PM..
Appreciate 0