F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Hi I'm new 440i MPPSK v C43
GetBMWParts

07-10-2022, 02:45 PM   #1
8MWV
Rep
Drives: BMW 440i M Performance 220i

Hi I'm new 440i MPPSK v C43

Hi all.

I'm new to this forum although have picked up a lot of good tips re searching about both my car and my wife's car.

I'm in a 440i MPPSK GC 2018 model. My wife in a 220i Active tourer also 2018. Were very protective over our cars. I've had my car for a year and my wife a bit longer. We're both impressed with our BMWs wondering why we didn't switch earlier, coming from the other Marks notably MB and Audi.

I've searched though here and on other platforms re B58 MPPSK vs MB C43 0-60. I found a German article stating the MPPSK package exceeds in performance terms both the S5 and C43 and suggested BMW should have fitted the M Performance Power Kit as standard…but wondering if any of you have experienced this or verified it?

Many thanks.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2022, 02:50 PM   #2
eff32fl
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 440i M Sport THP MPPSK

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8MWV View Post
Hi all.

I'm new to this forum although have picked up a lot of good tips re searching about both my car and my wife's car.

I'm in a 440i MPPSK GC 2018 model. My wife in a 220i Active tourer also 2018. Were very protective over our cars. I've had my car for a year and my wife a bit longer. We're both impressed with our BMWs wondering why we didn't switch earlier, coming from the other Marks notably MB and Audi.

I've searched though here and on other platforms re B58 MPPSK vs MB C43 0-60. I found a German article stating the MPPSK package exceeds in performance terms both the S5 and C43 and suggested BMW should have fitted the M Performance Power Kit as standard…but wondering if any of you have experienced this or verified it?

Many thanks.
I've never driven a C43 but I have a 440i with the MPPSK and all I can say it's wonderful, fast and sounds great. Why switch? The C43 is a 4 cylinder and with sound and emission laws getting stricter and stricter, it won't sound as good as the MPPSK. I'm not sure what the HP/TQ numbers are on the C43.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2022, 03:18 PM   #3
8MWV
Rep
Drives: BMW 440i M Performance 220i

Quote:
Originally Posted by eff32fl View Post
Quote:
Hi all.

Many thanks.
I've never driven a C43 but I have a 440i with the MPPSK and all I can say it's wonderful, fast and sounds great. Why switch? The C43 is a 4 cylinder and with sound and emission laws getting stricter and stricter, it won't sound as good as the MPPSK. I'm not sure what the HP/TQ numbers are on the C43.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eff32fl View Post
Quote:
Hi all.

Many thanks.

Thanks. I love the MPPSK too and have no plans to switch. The sound from the i6 and M Perf exhaust is intoxicating ands it's a lovely car to drive.

I've had the W205 C Class coupe and although looks opulent is not without its faults, something I think would spill over to the C43.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2022, 08:10 PM   #4
eff32fl
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 440i M Sport THP MPPSK

Quote:
Thanks. I love the MPPSK too and have no plans to switch. The sound from the i6 and M Perf exhaust is intoxicating ands it's a lovely car to drive.

I've had the W205 C Class coupe and although looks opulent is not without its faults, something I think would spill over to the C43.
Ahh ok it sounded like a question entertaining the idea of switching. The 4 Series gets all kinds of compliments and looks it's a beautiful car.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2022, 01:30 PM   #5
440i.gc
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 440i Gran Coupe with MPPSK

Quote:
Hi all.

Many thanks.
I recently fitted MPPSK and it's insanely good. I test drove C43 couple of months ago and I didn't feel as dynamic as 440i to drive. MPPSK turns a normal 4 door coupe into a beast.
Appreciate 2
cfm56d7b5919.50
eff32fl1074.00
      07-11-2022, 01:35 PM   #6
cfm56d7b
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 440i Gran Coupe & 2015 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 440i.gc View Post
I recently fitted MPPSK and it's insanely good. I test drove C43 couple of months ago and I didn't feel as dynamic as 440i to drive. MPPSK turns a normal 4 door coupe into a beast.
"Insanely good" is about right. In full agreement.

Mercedes 4 cylinder engines serve as compelling marketing material for BMW B58 engines.
Appreciate 0