E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Private Owners For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Parts > Bimmermilvs

07-26-2022, 10:10 PM   #1
sqwinny
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 6MT 328i M Sport

Bimmermilvs

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
Looking for a set of Bimmermilvs. PayPal ready

IG + YT: Sqwin_n20
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2022, 10:16 PM   #2
fazm
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW E91 xDrive

Same. Good luck.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2022, 01:14 PM   #3
AmuroRay
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M235i

Who is going to tune it for you - and do they know how?
      08-16-2022, 01:44 PM   #4
sqwinny
Major
United_States
Rep

I found a set. Have them installed in my n20 as we speak. Navardi tuned will be working on it. Dme should be able to make corrections and will use a dyno dynamics to turn for them. From what I understand at WOT, you have full lift from redline and slowly make your way back until you stop making power is all
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2022, 04:51 PM   #5
AmuroRay
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqwinny View Post
I found a set. Have them installed in my n20 as we speak. Navardi tuned will be working on it. Dme should be able to make corrections and will use a dyno dynamics to turn for them. From what I understand at WOT, you have full lift from redline and slowly make your way back until you stop making power is all
DME will not make corrections, they have to change the valvetronic tables for it to work, as the DME is looking for specific values at specific lift points. How does it feel and how do the logs look?
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2022, 07:51 PM   #6
sqwinny
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmuroRay View Post
Quote:
DME will not make corrections, they have to change the valvetronic tables for it to work, as the DME is looking for specific values at specific lift points. How does it feel and how do the logs look?
Logs were fine. Car felt between an 93 and e30 map in terms of torque. Up top car felt as if it needed fuel and boost target wasn't hitting as before. It needs more fuel and adjustments to work and own the benefits. It'll take 2-3 weeks to have the dme adjust for regular driving, but goal is to dyno tune the car for the milvs within 6/7 weeks. I say 6-7 weeks as next week is busy season for me for work
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2022, 08:01 PM   #7
AmuroRay
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Logs were fine. Car felt between an 93 and e30 map in terms of torque. Up top car felt as if it needed fuel and boost target wasn't hitting as before. It needs more fuel and adjustments to work and own the benefits. It'll take 2-3 weeks to have the dme adjust for regular driving, but goal is to dyno tune the car for the milvs within 6/7 weeks. I say 6-7 weeks as next week is busy season for me for work
3 WOT will have the car auto adjust, but the valvetronic tables at a minimum will have to be modified to match the new lift curve. Currently the car only reads 9.9 (on the N/S55) so it would have to be modified and changed to be aware of the extra 1mm lift, and the actual eccentric shaft position at a give load/rpm. Are load values the same before and after? Fuel trims?

I don’t know too much about the N20, but I know Bob from stage FP was the one who originally made the tune for the MILVS. I had sent him a set of the first .5mm lifters and made the N52 tune based on these when he was at BPC. He now has his own shop, StageFP and owns a N20 328i.

I can say, outside of the lift tables, cam advance and ignition advance will need to be adjusted as well. I’m really interested in results, so wishing you the best.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2022, 08:25 PM   #8
sqwinny
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
3 WOT will have the car auto adjust, but the valvetronic tables at a minimum will have to be modified to match the new lift curve. Currently the car only reads 9.9 (on the N/S55) so it would have to be modified and changed to be aware of the extra 1mm lift, and the actual eccentric shaft position at a give load/rpm. Are load values the same before and after? Fuel trims?

I don’t know too much about the N20, but I know Bob from stage FP was the one who originally made the tune for the MILVS. I had sent him a set of the first .5mm lifters and made the N52 tune based on these when he was at BPC. He now has his own shop, StageFP and owns a N20 328i.

I can say, outside of the lift tables, cam advance and ignition advance will need to be adjusted as well. I’m really interested in results, so wishing you the best.
Yup this is what I understood. Will need dyno tuning for vanos tweaks and engagement. Didn't know what happened to bob, that's good news. Before the milvs install car was holding 24-25 psi on 93 octane with my Upgraded turbo making around 360whp. Boost is down to 22 psi for comparison but I'm assuming fuel trims and other things will need to be adjusted before adjusting for vanos and lift. What worries me slightly is the increase in torque as stock rods are shown to be hit or miss around the 400 wheel torque number
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2022, 09:09 PM   #9
AmuroRay
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Yup this is what I understood. Will need dyno tuning for vanos tweaks and engagement. Didn't know what happened to bob, that's good news. Before the milvs install car was holding 24-25 psi on 93 octane with my Upgraded turbo making around 360whp. Boost is down to 22 psi for comparison but I'm assuming fuel trims and other things will need to be adjusted before adjusting for vanos and lift. What worries me slightly is the increase in torque as stock rods are shown to be hit or miss around the 400 wheel torque number
Have your tuner do a flat torque map, or limit torque for you, and give yourself a safety margin. Less boost required for the same power is a sign of reduced restriction, so that’s very good. Is that the gain up top, or throughout the rev range?

I’m trying to get mine done, but I life is happening lol. My goal is to really reduce the top end restriction and make some extra power past 5800rpm on the N55. If you’re doing that, it’s a good sign.

Do you have your pre and post logs? I can plug them in to VD and get a virtual comparison. Shoot me a PM if you don’t want it to be public.

Edit: you can tone down the torque manually in the BM3 and MHD Menus I believe. Just dial out about 10%
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2022, 10:46 PM   #10
sqwinny
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Have your tuner do a flat torque map, or limit torque for you, and give yourself a safety margin. Less boost required for the same power is a sign of reduced restriction, so that's very good. Is that the gain up top, or throughout the rev range?

I'm trying to get mine done, but I life is happening lol. My goal is to really reduce the top end restriction and make some extra power past 5800rpm on the N55. If you're doing that, it's a good sign.

Do you have your pre and post logs? I can plug them in to VD and get a virtual comparison. Shoot me a PM if you don't want it to be public.

Edit: you can tone down the torque manually in the BM3 and MHD Menus I believe. Just dial out about 10%
Have the torque set limited to 365 wheel torque or so within bm3 perameters.

I'll be more than happy to share logs, but apparently my o2 sensors decided to kick the bucket ever so conveniently 😅. Yup typically I'd hit 24-25psi at 4500 or so and hold 24-23 psi to redline before the milvs as that's the peak efficiency of the td04 turbo. Tune is set to target 24.6 psi, but at sealevel that usually brings the car to 25.2 psi.

With just the milvs install over and no changes, car refuses to build boost to 24 psi until 6600. Timing, stft, afrs are 12.2-12.4. I'll dm you logs so you can see, but the change is very very drastic on the n20. It. Appears to be similar to what Bob experienced with the turbo n52.
Appreciate 1
AmuroRay2308.50