E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > Porsche Cayman S 2009 reviews

12-19-2008, 07:43 AM   #1
RockIt
Lieutenant Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: Mercedes C350 Coupe

Garage List
Porsche Cayman S 2009 reviews

Thought this may be of particular interest to Helen. It's looking like an even better all round sports car than the current model.

http://www.channel4.com/4car/rt/pors...yman+s/26801/2

http://wrmag.nextautos.com/issue/41

RockIt!
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2008, 09:42 AM   #2
MOB
Major
England
Rep
Drives: Alpine White M2 LCI

I miss mine................stunning car, should never have got rid of it
      12-19-2008, 04:19 PM   #3
beemerbird
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: Merc diesel

Garage List
Hello Gav, hope you're well

Porsche have sent me the bumf on the new Cayman but didn't realise there was a review out on it, interesting some of the tweeks they've made, especially to the chassis. I have to confess to being a fan of the PDK box, so smooth and the fastest and intuitive gear changes I've ever experienced in a car, although I agree with the article that it could initially be confusing using the 'paddles' on the steering wheel for gear changes but I soon got used to it tbh. Bit like some of the pundits who said BMW's idrive is fiddly - sorry but never found this to be the case at all, but then I'm a woman, so can multi-task.

I've also been sent a memory stick with all the new 997 promotional vid on it and all the technical data....... nice!

Also been sent by OPC at Leeds as a xmas gift a store card for Harvey Nicholls in Leeds giving 35% of virtually everything in store. If I was a clothes shopaholic I'd use it lol - nice gesture though.

Oh and last but not least, the bi-annual servicing costs for mine have been VAT reduced by £16.

Happy Xmas eh.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2008, 05:50 AM   #4
RockIt
Lieutenant Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: Mercedes C350 Coupe

Garage List
Hi Helen

I'm fine thanks.

Some nice Porsche bits and bobs there! 35% off at Harvey Nics would definitely appeal to Ali and many of her friends! She's not a shopoholic, but likes to buy nice clothes.

The new Cayman S certainly gets very favourable reviews. There's quite a few out there when you goggle.

RockIt!
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2008, 05:59 AM   #5
Porscha!
Should be on www.retrorides.com
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Porsche 944

Garage List
35% off thats good Get spending, gowannnnn you know you want to

OPC Leeds sound like they do a lot better marketing then OPC Nottingham but OPC Nottingham let you drive all the fab cars, while yours is in for work! (so long as you have an insurance cert though over 25 don't have to bother with that)

Really do think the Porsche Centres offer an outstanding service, BMW IMO not very good (only going by Derbys offering), I take my car there and you have all on getting a car out of them for the day, only take my car there because it's cheaper than the independent!

The Cayman has grown on me a bit but I'd go for a Boxster as I like my roof down motoring.

Front Engined Porsche
Appreciate 0