BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum 2017+ BMW 5 Series (G30) General Discussions G30 Ongoing Aircon issues

08-22-2022, 05:08 PM   #1
newcomers
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 5 Series M Sport, Audi A6`

G30 Ongoing Aircon issues

Hi,

had my G30 M sport since winter 2020 and last year we realised air con wasnt working at all (Not coming out cold). Took it to my local garage who said needed new compressor. Had it fitted and all worked fine.

That summer we drove from London to Devon in the summer and after a couple of hours we noticed aircon wasnt working. Not only was it not blowing out cold air, we could hear it blowing air really loudly from front passenger side but couldnt feel where the air was coming out of? After a couple of hours of car being switched off, the air con worked again. However this now happens all the time (works for a couple of hours then same as before, loud fan noise but cant locate where from).

Local garage has said no fault codes so hard to diagnose.

Any ideas? Had nothing but problems as we also need a new radiator due to a leak!

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2022, 05:44 PM   #2
HThomas
Rep
Drives: 2018 540i

Quote:
Originally Posted by newcomers View Post
Hi,

had my G30 M sport since winter 2020 and last year we realised air con wasnt working at all (Not coming out cold). Took it to my local garage who said needed new compressor. Had it fitted and all worked fine.

That summer we drove from London to Devon in the summer and after a couple of hours we noticed aircon wasnt working. Not only was it not blowing out cold air, we could hear it blowing air really loudly from front passenger side but couldnt feel where the air was coming out of? After a couple of hours of car being switched off, the air con worked again. However this now happens all the time (works for a couple of hours then same as before, loud fan noise but cant locate where from).

Local garage has said no fault codes so hard to diagnose.

Any ideas? Had nothing but problems as we also need a new radiator due to a leak!

Thanks
If you have low coolant, that's probably the cause. Especially if you have a radiator leak.

Kern just did a video on this not too long ago
Appreciate 0