E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Florida > Beaware..cop E92..pbi Area....!

12-30-2008, 08:05 AM   #1
GreekMaverick
El Greco Capitan
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///N54

Beaware..cop E92..pbi Area....!

I Just got home from dropping off my kid at the day care. When I got back on I-95 Northbound from Northlake BLVD an ALPINE WHITE 335i/Tinted windows stock everything else was on the shoulder, soonest I pass by him he gets behind me, then on the side....I Felt for it and gave in for a bit of morning fun we probably got up to 90MPH and what do you know....!

HE GETS BEHIND ME TURNS ON THE STROBE LIGHTS/ SIREN AND PULLS ME OVER....! W----T------F....!

The Guy gets out of the car in full uniform, Cold cold attitude...
took 5 minutes w' my license and registration came back

COP: No Tickets for the last 5 years, what got in to you all of the sudden

ME: W' all due respect sir, I thought you were a fellow BMW driver, I was going to cut it off right away....COULDN'T THINK OF ANYTHING BETTER TO SAY

Knod his head and gave me a ticket for 70MPH on 65MPH = $150.00

He said,
If I were you I would pay it, cause if you bring me to the court I will show the actual video of you doing 92MPH....!

I am making the payment as we speak....What a F@*& trap...!
There is no way that was a Department car but I didn't know they can use their own personal cars.

I haven't gotten a Ticket in 5 Years, maybe I Should just look at the bright side

5 MPH over sounds WAY better than
27 MPH over.

Update__________________________________________________ _________________________________________

I Decided to get a lawyer and take it to the court, after I went over the whole thing with my lawyer he made couple calls to see if the car was undercover or his personal vehicle, he said if it was his personal vehicle he will drop the ticket with his supervisor over the phone no questions ask, especially since it sounds like entrapment...!

Couple hours went by, he got a call.....The car is an "UNDERCOVER" Vehicle which was acquired 3 weeks ago in a Drug Bust and they decide to turn it into undercover rather than auction it off, the camera equipment? Also true lawyer was advised of a recording data number...Apparently once a video is recorded they transmit it to their stations database

Well, I guess its a court date then, The lawyer though told me not to worry about it even if he does have the 92 MPH Video he will be able to drop it since he was pushing me for it and that I should say: "I was afraid for my safety and tried to space my vehicle away from the aggressive vehicle”

Wish me luck.

Last edited by GreekMaverick; 12-30-2008 at 02:50 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2008, 08:16 AM   #2
sflgator
Major General
Rep
Drives: '09 MB C63 AMG & '08 MB GL450

I hate I-95!!! Sorry for your incident...that sucks. I guess we can't even have a little fun with our fellows now. But thank you for the warning. FWIW, there's always a big crackdown around the holidays every year as they try to make a big push to catch speeders and drunk drivers (which of course, stopping them before they kill somebody is a good thing )...even at 9AM.

|2009 RENNtech MB C63 AMG | Black/Black Leather/Black Maple | Premium II | MultiMedia | iPod |
| TeleAid | Charcoal Filter Delete | BMC High-Flow Air Filters | High-Flow Secondary Cats | Clear Side Markers |
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2008, 08:24 AM   #3
GreekMaverick
El Greco Capitan
United_States
Rep

On a side note, the idea of a 335i coupe as a Cop car kind of makes me want to stop the nonsense pilot stuff and be a cop
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2008, 08:26 AM   #4
sflgator
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekMaverick View Post
On a side note, the idea of a 335i coupe as a Cop car kind of makes me want to stop the nonsense pilot stuff and be a cop
Did you have a radar detector and if so, did it go off? And, I'm guessing he was FHP, correct? Thanks.

|2009 RENNtech MB C63 AMG | Black/Black Leather/Black Maple | Premium II | MultiMedia | iPod |
| TeleAid | Charcoal Filter Delete | BMC High-Flow Air Filters | High-Flow Secondary Cats | Clear Side Markers |
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2008, 08:31 AM   #5
NYBMW335
Lieutenant
Portugal
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i jet black/black

That sounds a little weird. First i am hundred percent sure he has no tape on his car. Remember one thing, always fight your tickets. Fight it, They tell you not to fight it because they hate court dates.

Do you know if he was State trooper, or just regular town police?

Another thing is if you happen to catch him on his personal car, he cannot pull you over. Another reason why he is asking you not to go to court. Speak to a friendly lawyer, let him know your situation. i am certain he will tell you to fight it.

Ricardo
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2008, 08:41 AM   #6
sflgator
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYBMW335 View Post
That sounds a little weird. First i am hundred percent sure he has no tape on his car. Remember one thing, always fight your tickets. Fight it, They tell you not to fight it because they hate court dates.

Another thing is if you happen to catch him on his personal car, he cannot pull you over. Another reason why he is asking you not to go to court. Speak to a friendly lawyer, let him know your situation. i am certain he will tell you to fight it.

Ricardo
Definitely something to look into before writing the check and possibly getting points on your license. Also, I'm pretty sure that if he wasn't FHP, he doesn't have the authority to stop you for speeding, unless it's a possible life-threatening situation. I think only FHP has jurisdiction on the highways such as I-95 and the Turnpike.

Appreciate 0
      12-30-2008, 09:00 AM   #7
GreekMaverick
El Greco Capitan
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Ricardo
That's exactly what I thought as I posted on my initial post...He was a FHP though.

About the tape, his dash had alot on equipment stacked up junk on it so NOT SURE.....!

I am about to call my local ALPA representative, they can help/take care stuff like that.

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2008, 09:25 AM   #8
Dannys M3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Jaguar F Type R

Garage List
2008 M3  [10.00]
If you were still in palm beach county use the ticket clinic. At least they will give you the right advice and guarentee no points if you haven't had a ticket in two years. I'm also curious to know if it was a personal car or drug bust repo.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2008, 09:32 AM   #9
akack79
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '18 F80 M3 ZCP

Damn that sucks.
      12-30-2008, 09:36 AM   #10
jpsimon
Team Zissou
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 AWD M3 Comp - SMB

definitely don't pay that
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2008, 09:54 AM   #11
ezatnova
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG

Quote:
I Just got home from dropping off my kid at the day care. When I got back on I-95 Northbound from Northlake BLVD an ALPINE WHITE 335i/Tinted windows stock everything else was on the shoulder, soonest I pass by him he gets behind me, then on the side....I Felt for it and gave in for a bit of morning fun we probably got up to 90MPH and what do you know....!

HE GETS BEHIND ME TURNS ON THE STROBE LIGHTS/ SIREN AND PULLS ME OVER....! W----T------F....!

The Guy gets out of the car in full uniform, Cold cold attitude...
took 5 minutes w' my license and registration came back

COP: No Tickets for the last 5 years, what got in to you all of the sudden

ME: W' all due respect sir, I thought you were a fellow BMW driver, I was going to cut it off right away....COULDN'T THINK OF ANYTHING BETTER TO SAY

Knod his head and gave me a ticket for 70MPH on 65MPH = $150.00

He said,
If I were you I would pay it, cause if you bring me to the court I will show the actual video of you doing 92MPH....!

I am making the payment as we speak....What a F@*& trap...!
There is no way that was a Department car but I didn't know they can use their own personal cars.

I haven't gotten a Ticket in 5 Years, maybe I Should just look at the bright side

27 MPH over.
WOW that is crazy! I would have $h1t myself if I was blasting along with another 335 and then it pulled me over! Good lord.

Did you clearly punch it first, or did he egg you on at all...i.e. entrapment? What a douchebag though, for not pulling you over and just saying "good work...but be careful"
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2008, 09:56 AM   #12
Bubbles
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep
Drives: Green Bastard

Quote:

27 MPH over.
Are you serious? A White 335i with tinted windows pulled you over. lolol Sorry to laugh at your expense, but with budget cuts we have FHP driving BMWs, ironic. +1 on the ticket clinic or represent yourself and punch holes in his calibration equipment. Good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sflgator View Post
I think only FHP has jurisdiction on the highways such as I-95 and the Turnpike.
A Palm Beach County Sheriff has jurisdiction for all roads within Palm Beach County, including turnpike and I-95. FHP has jurisdiction throughout the State.
      12-30-2008, 09:57 AM   #13
Bubbles
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep

Quote:

Another thing is if you happen to catch him on his personal car, he cannot pull you over.

Ricardo
Not true.
      12-30-2008, 10:06 AM   #14
JohnnyTT
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 3.5

If this stuff is going to start happening out there, everybody should start getting little stickers to put on their car, to let everybody know you're a fellow driver...and not a cop.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2008, 10:07 AM   #15
Izzman7995
Banned
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyTT View Post
If this stuff is going to start happening out there, everybody should start getting little stickers to put on their car, to let everybody know you're a fellow driver...and not a cop.
e90post.com (sticker) best 1 in the game playa haha
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2008, 10:12 AM   #16
GreekMaverick
El Greco Capitan
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezatnova View Post
WOW that is crazy! I would have $h1t myself if I was blasting along with another 335 and then it pulled me over! Good lord.

Did you clearly punch it first, or did he egg you on at all...i.e. entrapment? What a douchebag though, for not pulling you over and just saying "good work...but be careful"
He was pushing me for it, came on my side and he would accelerate then decelerate to much my speed, he did that twice then I went for it, that's when he got behind me and flagged me

his car looked Just like my car except that I have the lip up front....!

Scary as hell, the siren was not a normal issued police car horn, it had a weird futuristic sci-fi sound.....scared the crap out of me..... Wheres mama
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2008, 10:25 AM   #17
jpsimon
Team Zissou
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 AWD M3 Comp - SMB

sure you weren't punk'd?

Quote:
Scary as hell, the siren was not a normal issued police car horn, it had a weird futuristic sci-fi sound.....scared the crap out of me..... Wheres mama
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2008, 10:25 AM   #18
Bubbles
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep

Quote:
He was pushing me for it, came on my side and he would accelerate then decelerate to much my speed, he did that twice then I went for it, that's when he got behind me and flagged me

So he was "pacing" you? Bad luck. Entrapment is hard to prove, maybe lawdude can shed some light on the subject if you can get him past those pesky unauthorized practice of law issues.
      12-30-2008, 10:27 AM   #19
ohsnapITZe92
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles View Post
Not true.
actually you are wrong... lol.
Quote:

Ricardo
+1 except for hating court dates... thats the easiest part of the job. and if they arent scheduled to work that day - its called overtime

Quote:

whether he was a FHP or town cop, he cannot pull you over with his PV (personal vehicle) weird sci fi sound or not u did not have to pull over. im pretty sure he wasnt in uniform... and if he was... he was not on duty. since he was in his car. im from cali but im pretty sure what he did had a lot of officer safety issues and should be brought to the attention of his supervisor.

i believe DISCIPLINE is in store and a possible lawsuit against the department or him personally for his actions...
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2008, 10:33 AM   #20
Bubbles
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohsnapITZe92 View Post
actually you are wrong... lol..
Keep in mind this is F-L-O-R-I-D-A not California.
      12-30-2008, 10:51 AM   #21
pikkashoe
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335 Coupe

He was in uniform? Who ever said they hate going to court, your dead wrong, they go for 10 minutes, and get 4 hours of over time. As for the car, thats odd, but they do use all types of undercover cars that they confiscate. Take it to any decent ticket atty, and do not pay it, you dont want to admit your guilty, since you havent had any tickets in 5 years, the atty will just plead no contest and the judge will just withhold adjudification and just have you pay the ticket and if your lucky they will waive court costs, much better than paying and getting points. Even if it costs a bit more than the ticket price, you get away with no points and not having to go to driver school.
      12-30-2008, 11:12 AM   #22
sflgator
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles View Post

A Palm Beach County Sheriff has jurisdiction for all roads within Palm Beach County, including turnpike and I-95. FHP has jurisdiction throughout the State.
Interesting, b/c I've never seen a PBC Sheriff's officer pull anyone over on the hwy; only FHP. I thought the Sheriff officers cover all the city roads. Anyway, I guess the point of Greek's story is...just beware of ALL cars, police or undercover, even BMWs.

btw -- I echo what Pikkashoe said ^^^^^^^.

Appreciate 0